My Bundle of (Non-Stop) Energy

Wednesday, August 27, 2008 2 Comments A+ a-

Oh, my son, you are one bundle of boy! There is no doubt about it! All one has to do is be in the same room with you for a mere ten minutes and I get the wide-eyed, knowing look; the look that says, “You have your hands full” and they are so right. For instance:

You have recently discovered a love of anything involving sports, especially if there is a ball involved. You are learning the words of the sports such as baseball, basketball, and football. It started out a mimic of your sister and her love of baseball but has quickly developed into an obsession all your own.

Just the other day, we were at lunch with Nana and Alli at a local restaurant where sports paraphernalia lined the walls and the TVs were set to various games. Every time a game came back on, you pointed to the TV, and said, “Football, football” wanting to ensure that we saw what you were seeing. You then pump your arm in the air and shout, “Go, go, go!” I think you’ve been watching your Papa and uncles too closely, but it makes me smile.

You found an old video tape of football highlights, one that belongs to your Papa. You carried the video cover throughout the house shouting “Football!” to anyone that would listen.

Last night you carried a long, plastic accessory from the vacuum. It was being carried just as you would a baseball bat. Papa noticed this, grabbed a ball, and showed you how to hit the ball with your new “bat”. It was amazing to watch you, my little 18-month-old man, concentrate for nearly half an hour as you tried to hit the ball with your “bat” too. Such determination, such concentration, such a nearly-perfect batter’s stance. I think your daddy and I already have an idea for a Christmas gift idea.

Oh my son, you are a full-throttle, pedal-to-the-metal, adventure-seeking, risk-taking, bundle of energy. You are non-stop all day long, up over couches, jumping off chairs, running outside, and even pushing your sister and her bike down the street and back. Oh, I’m tired just thinking of all the things you do and the energy it must take to do them. But at the end of the day, when you’ve had enough and we see you rubbing those baby eyes of yours, you are the first to run to your bedroom at the first suggestion of bedtime. And after a good bedtime story and a bedtime prayer, we lay you in your crib and you drift off to sleep all by yourself.

The next morning, like clockwork, you are awake and ready to take on the day again. How you make my life an adventure, little man; you definitely keep me hopping!

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

2 comments

Write comments
Wendy
AUTHOR
5:29 PM delete

love that age, but it is definitely pretty tiring!

love the new look!

Reply
avatar
crystal
AUTHOR
7:29 AM delete

Sounds so much like my litte boy! All energy and exploring and climbing...awww the energy...I wish I had some of it.lol.. How blessed we are to have these little bundles though...

Blessings
Crystal

Reply
avatar