Jumbled Thoughts - Part II

Thursday, August 21, 2008 7 Comments A+ a-

  • It’s official; we are waiting to find out the gender. We will know if it’s little Reagan or Brayden who will be joining our family upon their birth.
  • Until that day arrives, the name Baby Trece will have to do.
  • Jon thought it perfectly hilarious that so many told me to wait. And I’m sure when that day comes, it will be an amazing experience.
  • This little one is moving constantly these days. In fact, Jon was even able to feel the movements for the first time on Monday night; I always love watching his face light up.
  • After reading several blogs on first-days-of-schools and talking to a coworker, I have decided that Devyn will be three forever and won’t be attending school… ever.
  • Last night, out of the clear blue, Devyn announced that her favorite gymnast was “Shawn Johnson”. She seriously knew her name without any prompting!
  • Speaking of gymnastics, Devyn has been living in her leotard day-in and day-out. It is World War III when I have her take it off to be washed.
  • Hudson got in on the gymnastics-action last night; after turning a somersault, he stood up, arms to the sky, and announced “ta-da!” This was done over and over again.
  • The one afternoon that we didn't have the Olympics on, we sat outside while Daddy mowed the grass. There is nothing better than the smell of freshly mowed grass.
  • Hudson hates the sound of the mower, and the vacuum too. Whenever either is going, he must be held by the other parent; otherwise he’s in the corner crying. Poor guy!
  • I still think Hudson needs a brother; after all, it’s not very often to see a little boy pushing a stroller down the street or wanting to brush Sissy’s hair.
  • Granted, he’s not nearly as cuddly with Devyn’s dolls as she is. In fact, I think one of her dolls got quite a jolt when Hudson slammed it to the floor the other day. It must be a boy-thing.
  • In exactly four months from today, we’ll get dressed in our wedding finery and watch as my baby sister marries her high school sweetheart.
  • Exactly three weeks after that, it’ll be my due date and I’ll be considered full-term. I wonder if this will be the one time that a baby of mine decides to arrive early. That would sure add to the fun!
  • Have I mentioned that one of the other sisters, Christine, is due only 6 days before the wedding?! Do you think we could fit in any more during that week?
  • I cannot wait to hold Miss Elliana Faith, the name of my future niece, in my arms. I am so ready for the aunt-role and can’t wait to shower that tiny bundle with love.
  • Because of all the craziness that will define December, I have decided I will not send Christmas cards this year.
  • I smile because as much as I complain about the surprises and madness that has consumed us this year, its awesome to think that we’ll add two new babies and a brother-in-law during that time. A growing family, albeit a loud and noisy family, is always a blessed thing.

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

7 comments

Write comments
8:12 PM delete

Don't move any pianos. That's how John was born three weeks early.

Reply
avatar
Melody
AUTHOR
10:09 PM delete

:-) What an exciting year for your family!

I love your label that says..."my heart is full". Oh how I dream of the day when that will be true for me.

Reply
avatar
Amy...
AUTHOR
10:23 AM delete

Jon!!! Errrrr....I so wanted to know who was in you NOW! Can I change his mind? Tell him that I've had two babies born as surprises and I'm one that is telling you to not be surprised:) Okay, I'll settle down!

Love you!

Reply
avatar
4:57 PM delete

Sounds like December will be a very special time for your family!!!

I can't wait to find out the sex of your new little one!!

How fun to not know! We have never done that!!

Reply
avatar
8:54 PM delete

We waited to find out the sex of our baby #3 until his birth. It was a fun surprise.

What an exciting year for your family! 2 babies is just wonderful! I'm sure it will be so fun to have babies so close in age!

Reply
avatar
Anonymous
AUTHOR
8:09 AM delete

It shouldn't be a surprise that my grandchildren are interested in gymnastics. It's in the genes you know.

Reply
avatar
Katie
AUTHOR
9:51 AM delete

So much going on!!
And really - you'll have so much fun waiting to know if your baby is a boy or girl. We waited, and I wouldn't do it any other way. It felt like I was truly meeting her for the very first time the moment she was born.

Reply
avatar