I am a lucky girl! And miscellaneous.

Friday, August 01, 2008 1 Comments A+ a-

I have a good man and I know it! I don't praise nearly as often as I should but God is slowly showing me how I need to slow down and appreciate the small things that Jon does for me every day. And appreciate them!
  • In not-such-a-small-way, last month Jon survived a twelve-hour day stuck at an airport with both a preschooler and a toddler. I, myself, would not have managed as well as he did and I'm sure he earned Father of the Year from that day. My favorite story from his day was when he took Devyn to the bathroom for a potty break. He had just gotten her situated on the toilet when he turned around to find Hudson missing. Suddenly the guy next to him asked, "Hey! You missing something?!" Yep, Hudson had crawled under the partition into the next stall. Whoops!
  • Yesterday I was complaining of a horrible, pounding headache. I tend to get them every time pregnant from the fluctuating hormones. I'm only allowed to take Tylenol and unfortunately, there was none to be found. Within five minutes, Jon showed up with a bottle of Tylenol! How awesome is he?!
  • And today, while I finish some things at work, he and the kids have gone ahead to set-up camp for us all. I just have to complete some duties, get in the car, and join them for our camping and fishing trip. He thought of, and did, everything himself! He cleaned out the camper, went shopping for and packed the food, and is now entertaining the munchkins at camp. I can't wait to get up there and join them!
Miscellaneous Items:
  • I have been following the story of Chandler and the trial of his step-father in the Rocky Mountain News. Oh, it makes me sad, so very sad for this 7-year-old boy and I can't help but think we, as a society, failed him; failed to keep him safe, failed to keep him innocent, failed to keep him alive. I will never understand how some people can treat young children this way, it's beyond my comprehension.
  • I have two prayer requests for you all. One is for Mark and Beka. Hers is not a blog I've read regularly but you all know how infertility and miscarriage are held close to my heart. When a blog I do regularly read asked for prayers for their early pregnancy, I took notice and I pray that you'll join me praying for their little one. The second is the Mck-Family as they face an uncertain future with their unborn son, Stellan. She is 24 weeks pregnant and is facing constant hills and valleys with varying news about how Stellan is doing. Please join me praying for their whole family.
  • And lastly, I would highly suggest that if you come from a family of four girls, do NOT have two of them pregnant and another getting married at the same time. It can be a volatile time of pregnancy hormones and high emotions. Don't get me wrong, we are thrilled and happy for each other but let's just say we've had our moments! =)

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

1 comments:

Write comments
Melody
AUTHOR
8:40 AM delete

FYI, I was unable to load your blog using Internet Explorer. I tried 5 or 6 times last night and several this morning and all I got was an error message. I finally was able to pull up your blog using Mozilla Firefox.

Thank you for being so thoughtful of those dealing with infertility and miscarriage. I've experienced both and you wouldn't believe how clueless most people are towards us. People don't seem to care about how harsh their words and attitudes are towards us. I appreciate your heart and the faithfulness of your prayers.

(Just another little tid-bit. I'm in the dreaded 2 week wait right now. There's a great chance that baby #10 is on the way. I'd appreciate your prayers as we wait to find out.)

You definitely have a great hubby there. LOL at the Hudson bathroom story. I've had that happen with my goddaughter in Walmart before. I was so embarrassed and had difficulty getting her to crawl back to me.

Blessings,
~*Melody*~

Reply
avatar