Quick Check-In

Monday, July 21, 2008 4 Comments A+ a-

Last week was a whirlwind of driving back and forth to various trainings (some over an hour away), preparing for our 10-year high school reunion, and trying to maintain some sense of normality in our home. Needless to say, I was one exhausted lady! But the training is done, the reunion went off without a hitch, and I was able to catch up on rest all day Sunday. Now I must tackle the laundry that has overtaken our basement, but all in due time I guess.

I will post about the reunion, but I’m still gathering my thoughts and waiting on pictures from friends. Most of the reunion weekend involved many highlights, including a surprise attendance by one of my dearest high school friends who swore she couldn’t get out of a family reunion. I was so happy to have her there; it just wouldn’t have been the same without her. And there was one particular low point; it still breaks my heart every time I think of it. But details will come soon, I promise.

I wanted to leave you all with some recent pictures of Devyn, recent as of this morning. She and her brother were taking a bath; I was just struck by how grown-up she looks and how beautiful she is and had to grab the camera. (I know, I’m the mommy, I have a very biased opinion.) When did she grow up?!



More on the reunion to come soon!

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

4 comments

Write comments
Sarah
AUTHOR
12:35 PM delete

love the first pic! Time sure is flying by isn't it! Can't wait to hear all about the reunion. I'll email soon.
Love, Sarah

Reply
avatar
Brew Town USA
AUTHOR
12:56 PM delete

She looks 12 what the heck.....

Reply
avatar
Mike
AUTHOR
4:22 AM delete

10th high school reunion? So that makes you ... hmm.

Love the photos.


Mike
http://somethingaboutparenting.typepad.com/


Looking for photo ideas? Please visit 12 Photo Ideas To Try This Summer

Reply
avatar
10:11 PM delete

What a beautiful girl! She is getting so big!

Reply
avatar