Out of the Mouth of Babes

Monday, July 28, 2008 4 Comments A+ a-

Devyn and I were in the midst of a discussion regarding her disobedience. I was explaining why she was being punished and that for her punishment she wouldn’t be allowed back outside to play with Daddy and Hudson. With tears streaming down her face and without an ounce of remorse in her voice, she told me that… “God says to stop being so mean!”

I couldn’t help but crack a smile, after all, how do you continue after something like that?!

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

4 comments

Write comments
Joy
AUTHOR
1:48 PM delete

I have a hard time not laughing too. Kids!

Reply
avatar
Joy
AUTHOR
1:48 PM delete

I have a hard time not laughing too. Kids!

Reply
avatar
Lange Mom :o)
AUTHOR
4:53 PM delete

Exactly! How do you continue after a comment about that? This made me laugh aloud!
Too funny!

Reply
avatar
Christine
AUTHOR
12:54 PM delete

Ha! I just had a similar moment with a screaming toddler. I cracked up. Love what they come up with!

Reply
avatar