We're Back

Monday, July 07, 2008 3 Comments A+ a-

  • Our plan from North Carolina landed at 9:30 yesterday morning; Mom’s surprise 50th birthday party was to start at 2:30. We went straight from the airport into party errands. I’m exhausted.

  • I really don’t think Mom was as surprised as she pretended to be, but oh well, it was a fun party and it was great having everyone there.

  • Now I get to turn all my attention to the 10-year high school reunion that’s taking place in 11 days, fun times.

  • A week after that I’m throwing a baby shower for a dear friend; I think I might be crazy.

  • I was so ready to be with Jon and the babies after being apart for four days, it was a wonderful reunion. Hudson would not let me put him down for the rest of the day.

  • Christine and I decided to share the cost of renting a fetal Doppler and both love hearing the heartbeats of these cousin-babies.

  • No matter that this is my third child, I never tire of hearing that fast swish-swish sound.

  • Thanks to all who participated in the name poll, unfortunately, it hasn’t brought us any closer to choosing a name. In fact, I believe all the names on the poll have now been taken off the table.

  • Like my friend, Kristin said, all this effort to choose a boy name is going to be for naught when this baby turns out to be a girl.

  • Our local pregnancy crisis center is in the process of training their nurses to conduct ultrasounds as a new service to their clients. To help with the training, they are offering any pregnant woman between the stages of 7 and 16 weeks a free ultrasound. Our appointment is in a couple of weeks. I can’t wait to get a peek at this new little one!

  • There are some changes happening at work, some unexpected ones. A decision has to be made and the one we’re leaning towards would give me even more time at home with our children. That’s a huge plus on the “pro” side.

  • Ok, I keep writing bullet points and then erasing them, so I think I’d better sign off for now.

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

3 comments

Write comments
Sarah
AUTHOR
1:41 PM delete

Is my doppler not working? I'm glad you're back safe and sound! Take a deep breath my friend, maybe August will let you breath a little easier. Thanks again, A MILLION for throwing me the shower!
Love, Sarah

Reply
avatar
Melissa King
AUTHOR
1:56 PM delete

You are crazy busy girl!
Where is this place that is offering free ultrasounds? I'd like to take advantage too.

Reply
avatar
Melody
AUTHOR
11:07 AM delete

You are a very busy lady lately. Did you get to that stage of pregnancy where you get the energy boost? I hope so cause it sounds like you'll really need it.

After you get finished with your latest projects, I hope and pray you'll take some down time for yourself.

Reply
avatar