3 Posts in One Day!

Monday, July 28, 2008 6 Comments A+ a-

There are times when I'm moved tears and this is definitely one of those times. I came home from work tonight to a completely clean house, dinner cooking in the crockpot and dessert on the counter, the floor swept from last night's spaghetti dinner, laundry folded and put away, beds made, floors vacuumed, and the list goes on. It was if some magic fairies had come into my house and waved their wands!

Those beautiful, selfless fairies are my mom and sister! They came into my house, saw it at its worst, and blessed me with the best gift imaginable. I am so humbled and thankful for their gift!! They have no idea how much it means to me that they would think to bless me in this way. I have friends ask me all the time how I manage to do and really, all credit has to go to my family! Jon is the most supportive and understanding husband that I know, each sister helps out in any way they can, and my mom... wow... there aren't enough words to describe how my life is continually blessed by her.

Thank you Mom and Alli, this was better than waking up on Christmas morning! I love you two and don't know what I'd do without you. (And yes, I realize how very lucky and blessed I am to have such a great family. I do not take them for granted!)

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

6 comments

Write comments
Melissa King
AUTHOR
9:34 PM delete

Can they come to my house seriously?

Ok, your mom is one of the sweetest, nicest people I have ever met. I have only met her a couple of times and I am instantly drawn to her like a mom. I want to lay on her shoulder and snuggle her like my own mom because she just radiates love and care for others. What a wonderful lady. You are so lucky to have such a wonderful family.

Reply
avatar
Lange Mom :o)
AUTHOR
8:09 AM delete

These are the moments I miss from the past. Random acts of kindness~
I wish at times that my family could have stayed in Colorado and grown up with my brother, sister in law and my nieces in Fort Collins. (But then we would never have Stephanie or Connor in our lives though :o))It is the great memories that your mom and dad shared with us. It is so amazing to realize that it is not the material things that bring true happiness but the genuine gifts from the heart! This is a definitely a memory keeper! Give my Becky and Ally a BIG HUG and KISS from me!!!

Reply
avatar
Jaime
AUTHOR
11:19 AM delete

This was so sweet of your mom and sister! I can imagine how happy you must have felt when you walked into your house!!
I completely know how you feel, too---I often wonder how I'd survive without my parents and siblings nearby!

Reply
avatar
Sarah
AUTHOR
11:20 AM delete

What a special treat for you! Way to go Mom and Alli! That's how I've felt every time I've come home from the hospital after a baby, all credit to my mom, sister and Connie. Serving each other in this way has got to be one of the greatest acts of love I think. You are blessed!
Love, Sarah

Reply
avatar
8:58 AM delete

What a wonderful blessing and gift! Helping others is such a beautiful act of love.

Reply
avatar
Elise
AUTHOR
12:22 PM delete

I love that- God knew just what you needed and laid it on their hearts- perfectly executed, perfectly timed... you are blessed, friend. (((Jenn))) (By the way, I, of course, love the name Elliana!)

Reply
avatar