Yummy Pickles!

Thursday, June 19, 2008 4 Comments A+ a-

I’m sitting here at the computer, indulging myself with a mouth-watering pickle. Pickle juice is running down my fingers and threatening my keyboard, but I’m more than willing to take that chance. When a woman wants herself a pickle, a pickle she must have!

Life in our household is moving along and though the nausea still rears its ugly head on a regular basis, the constant throwing up has been held at bay. Truth be told, this pregnancy has been much easier on me than the first two and for that, I’m so very thankful. With both Devyn and Hudson, I was making twice and thrice-daily trips to the bathroom, up to 14 and 18 weeks respectively. However, I have only had two really bad days thus far and I can’t help but think that perhaps I paid my dues with the first two pregnancies. We heard the baby’s heartbeat at my first prenatal appointment last Friday; 165 beats per minute and it was music to my ears.

Next Friday I will send my husband and children off to North Carolina to visit his mom; I will join them a few days later. I can’t help but wonder what I’ll do with my time alone. While time off sounds divine to many, I’m literally at a loss as to what I’ll do with no husband, no children, and mom, dad, and sisters out-of-town for various weddings. I think a trip to the library to stock up on books is on my list, I made a dinner-date with friends, and I have plans to spend time with Christine (the only other sister in town) and her husband, Caleb. *Sigh* While I know that I’ll enjoy the time alone, I also know that I’m going to be VERY lonely with everyone gone. Such is the plight of an extrovert… we constantly need require enjoy having people around us!

So, that’s our life in a nutshell at the moment… I feel like there’s so much I need to catch you up on and perhaps while the house is empty I’ll finally be able to update you on Devyn’s speech therapy, our dancing 16-month-old boy, and the things that are weighing on my heart and mind right now. But now I must go, though the pickle was finished many minutes ago, the smell of the juice lingers in my senses and I must have another.

Update: I just made a haircut appointment for next Saturday, which means I get to add something else to my to-do list for my time alone.

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

4 comments

Write comments
Amy
AUTHOR
3:22 PM delete

So great talking with you today! I've missed my friend. Funny how life gets busy:)

Reply
avatar
Haley
AUTHOR
3:56 PM delete

You are too cute! I love reading what you write! I wish we were gonna be around next week (we are going to Tennessee) I'd make plans with you if we were going to be around! Have fun and enjoy it! Last time I had a few dasy to myself I went a rented Greys Anantomy and watched about 24 episodes.... its addicting!

Reply
avatar
Melissa King
AUTHOR
4:06 PM delete

Mmm Hmmm! I wish I could join you in the joy of pickles. Good update. You are so good!

Reply
avatar
Joy
AUTHOR
7:57 PM delete

I'm an introvert yet I feel the same about being lonely without my family. I need a little time to myself but when the house is quiet for very long, it seems too strange.

Reply
avatar