Random, Pure and Simple

Tuesday, June 10, 2008 10 Comments A+ a-

In true “We Can Cry If We Want To” fashion, just some jumbled, random thoughts from this afternoon:

  • It never fails, I’ll have the best day (morning sickness-wise) and by 2:00 or 3:00, I’m struggling to get through the afternoon. I could really go for a nap this afternoon.
  • My cravings are especially weird with this pregnancy; I indulged my desire for corn in my chicken noodle soup last night. Weird, right?
  • It was wonderful seeing Christine surrounded by pregnant ladies on Friday night and seeing her glow during their pregnancy-related discussions. In fact, she just glows all the time right now, she looks amazing.
  • Courtney’s wedding gown arrived last week, along with the ring bearer pillow she bought for Hudson. Both are beautiful, but her wedding gown tops everything; it is the perfect “Courtney” dress.
  • Devyn is walking around the house complaining of being sick on an hourly basis; when I ask her what’s making her sick, she says “my baby” and rubs her tummy. I think we may have a thespian in our midst.
  • I’m jealous that Christine and Caleb are leaving on Friday for a ten-day vacation; as if that didn’t make me green enough, they’re going to Hawaii.
  • I’m still trying to figure out how I got pregnant… If you only knew how many “oops” we’ve had in the past and how none of those resulted in pregnancy.
  • In spite of the fact that I found the baby’s heartbeat this morning with a borrowed heart Doppler (thank you Sarah!), I still don’t quite believe that we’re having a third child.
  • Hudson is a walking bruise; seriously I don’t think there’s one spot on his forehead that’s not blue, purple, green, or pink. I really wish the kid would… just… slow… down.
  • I cringe at the idea of two boys; I can’t imagine having Hudson x 2. But the idea of raising two teenage girls… well, I’ll just leave my thoughts on that to your imagination.
  • We’re not planning to find out the gender this time around, no one believes us. In fact, bets are being placed on how long that idea lasts.
  • Seriously, folks, the bets just make me want to dig in my heels even more; I’m now even more determined to be surprised at the birth. Who wants to place bets on who is more stubborn?
  • I’m open to ideas on how to convince my head and heart that a third child really is residing within me. Please, I’m desperate…14 pregnancy tests didn’t do the trick.

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

10 comments

Write comments
crystal
AUTHOR
8:41 PM delete

Pregnancy really is amazing isnt it...your up, your down and back up again..I'm betting that you can be more stubborn and wait on the gender...Devyn sounds hilarious.. and as for convincing you of the fact that you are indeed pregnant, that first little kick should do the trick..

I hope the morning sickness goes away quickly. I will be praying for you.

Many blessings
Crystal

Reply
avatar
CPT Mom
AUTHOR
8:44 PM delete

I love it.

Welcome to the world of random!

And I hope you guys do wait to be surprised...won't that be fun?! I wanted to, but your uncle is too much of a planner for that.

Send me some pictures of you and Christine...I wish I was there.

Reply
avatar
Kamma
AUTHOR
10:40 PM delete

I laughed out loud about Devyn being sick with a baby in her tummy...I wonder what she's been hearing lately?? I'm so excited you're wanting to be surprised! Without having had any kids yet, I say that I want to do it that way...we'll see how that pans out in a few years :) Love you and so excited for this new little life!

Reply
avatar
Amazing Racer
AUTHOR
11:12 PM delete

Three cheers for random!

And I'm so glad you are choosing surprise for this baby. That is so much fun. And, if your anything like your "Aunt" Captain, I do, in fact, believe your stubborness will win out!

P.S. Boys Hudson's age are supposed to be walking bruises...and just wait til Devyn starts "nursing" her babies...there's no drama like girl drama.

Reply
avatar
Katie
AUTHOR
5:48 AM delete

Surprises are so fun!! We did that for Hazel (our first) and will never go any other way.
Not sure how to convince yourself - I had a hard time believing I was pregnant last summer... it just took time.
Wishing you the best!

Reply
avatar
Anonymous
AUTHOR
6:56 AM delete

Jenn,
I am so convinced that this infant is such a gift from God, at a time of great loss, He has given incredible life, to carry on the heritage of two special people who loved the Lord and counted family as the greatest blessing in life. He could not have chosen a better couple to have this child...you have given me two of the most loving and sweet grandchildren already and I know that this one will be just as awesome!!!Hang in there doll....I love you!

Reply
avatar
Christine
AUTHOR
3:18 PM delete

Just let God lead you to that place of believing it's real. He's been telling me a lot lately, "Be still and know that I am God." Congrats! I love reading your blog as I have a girl and a very active boy as well and I have three sisters, too!

Reply
avatar
Wendy
AUTHOR
4:39 PM delete

Loving your randomness!

Reply
avatar
Dana Marie
AUTHOR
6:14 PM delete

FOURTEEN pregnancy tests?! you're nuts! Jenn - you're pregnant. WAHOO!

Reply
avatar
6:42 PM delete

Enjoyed reading your random thoughts and happenings.

We did the surprise at birth with our third baby too. We knew the sex ahead of time with the first two kids. And since we already had a girl and a boy, we thought it would be fun to be surprised.

Hope you are feeling well.

Oh Btw, love the new blog design.

Reply
avatar