Radiant Christine

Thursday, June 12, 2008 7 Comments A+ a-

She glows; every pore in her body is seeping happiness, contentment, and joy. After watching her struggle for so long, it is a thrill to witness the happiness that is hers. I’m talking about Christine and the joy I feel in watching my sister cherish each moment of this pregnancy journey.

It was a hard first trimester, I won’t lie, each family member took turns reassuring, praying, and offering a listening ear as she struggled through her fears and her doubts. Since I’ve never experienced a miscarriage, I can only assume those are very real and very normal feelings. But week by week, ultrasound by ultrasound, heartbeat after heartbeat, Christine is finally in a good place. I’m not sure when the change occurred, I only know that it has and oh, it makes my heart happy.

Mom and I took her maternity clothes shopping a few weeks ago; correction, Mom and I helped Christine spend her money on maternity clothes. It was the first time that Christine actually enjoyed shopping; it was the first time that I’ve ever seen Christine feel beautiful; it was the first I have ever had a good shopping trip with Christine. You could see the wheels turning in her head as she gazed at herself in new clothes, in a body she doesn’t recognize, basking in the new curves of a pregnant mama. She looks amazing!

I had a home decorating party last Friday and at one time, we had five pregnant women in my living room. I guess it’s the season of life right now. At a similar party in early winter, Christine was blinking back tears in my kitchen as pregnant friends or new mamas compared pregnancy stories. It broke my heart knowing that she was hurting in such a way, and knowing there was very little I could do to stop the natural conversation. Fast forward to this past week, Christine was among the group, laughing and exchanging information. She positively glowed!

And just now I received a phone call from Christine, her voice light and full of happiness. “I’m definitely showing,” she whispered into the phone. “Even customers who don’t know I’m pregnant are starting to notice.” Oh, I can’t begin to explain how full my heart is, seeing my little sister and one of my best friend’s get their heart’s desire. I have tears in my eyes, just thinking how God has answered our prayers. God is so good!

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

7 comments

Write comments
Lange Mom :o)
AUTHOR
4:47 PM delete

Awesome!!!! Just awesome!!!! I was so wondering how Chrisitine was doing..........this blog put a HUGE smile on my face as I erad through it..........whata joy it is to know that God does answers prayers!!! You are such a good mother and big sister! I am lucky to have you as my niece!
Love
Auntie Bernie

Reply
avatar
Julie
AUTHOR
5:09 PM delete

This post brings back many memories for me as I carried my first and second ones with many doubtful moments after 7 years of infertility(with many miscarriages). I am 7 months pregnant with my 3rd now and every once in a while the worries still creep in. I am so happy that this joy is finally Christine's! And, you are a wonderful big sister! :o) It's an extremely painful road to walk but made so much more bearable with a loving family, which it sounds like ya'll are.

My prayers are with you & your sister & the babies you are both carrying.

Blessings,
Julie

Reply
avatar
CPT Mom
AUTHOR
12:22 AM delete

Our God is loving.

What a beautiful post.

Reply
avatar
Kamma
AUTHOR
1:43 AM delete

I have tears in my eyes. I just feel so extremely happy and overjoyed by this! I love you girls! BTW, who is the picture of? Or is it just from istock...

Reply
avatar
Amazing Racer
AUTHOR
9:18 AM delete

I'm teary-eyed with joy for your sister and all the blessings your family is experiencing this year!

Our God certainly is good.

Reply
avatar
Paula
AUTHOR
1:53 PM delete

That is wonderful. God's timing is so wonderful and perfect. For BOTH of you.

Reply
avatar
crystal
AUTHOR
5:46 AM delete

Christine is so blessed to have you as a sister. It is hard to watch the hurt over and over again and know there is nothing we can do but be there..but oh the joy we have when they are able to experience the wonders of pregnancy and the wonders of holding their own little bundle of joy!

I am praying that both of your pregnancies continue to go well.

Prayers and Blessings
Crystal

Reply
avatar