Jumbled Thoughts

Monday, April 28, 2008 3 Comments A+ a-

  • Mother’s Day is coming up, in less than two weeks to be exact. Jon and the kids are “buying” me a book, a very special book. I’m turning my blog (all entries from 2007) into a printed and bound book, courtesy of Blurb. I’m having so much fun playing with templates, photos, colors, etc. But it is time consuming! I spent two hours on it last night and only got through January! Yikes! I’m so excited though, I’ve wanted to do this for quite some time.


  • Have you guys checked out Wendy’s blog recently? She’s currently doing a photo project where she’s trying to post one picture a day from their daily life. I’ve so enjoyed it and I think I’m going to try and do the same during the month of May. I’ll probably have some more “meatier” posts sprinkled throughout but I just love the idea of trying to capture our daily lives via pictures.


  • Do you remember when I talked about the busy weekend I had planned; visiting with dear friends, a haircut for Hudson, and a bridal show? Well, we all got sick! It was bad, and we had to cancel everything! In fact, Hudson still hasn’t had his first haircut yet and he needs it badly! It’s a good thing he has curly hair, so it looks much shorter than it actually is. We’ve had to cancel weekend plans for four weeks in a row because one of the kids has always come down with something. I guess being a parent equals self-sacrifice (or something like that).


  • I’m really excited for this upcoming weekend! My mom, my sister, Christine, my Aunt Lucia, my cousin, Colette, and I are all heading to a Beth Moore conference. I am so jazzed and excited about being in the midst of several thousand women, all praising our Lord, and getting to hear one of my favorite teachers in person. I’m so excited and anxious to hear how God speaks to my heart this weekend. And yes, all fingers and toes are crossed that the kids stay healthy.


  • Dad (Jon) gets it pretty easy this weekend as Aunt “Ney” (my sister, Courtney) and Devyn have a fun date weekend planned, just the two of them. I believe there’s a movie and ice cream involved, right Court? There is a special bond there between aunt and niece; and most times Devyn prefers “Ney” to me. Oh well, revenge will be mine when Courtney becomes a mother and her little ones prefer Aunt Jenny.

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

3 comments

Write comments
Wendy
AUTHOR
6:26 PM delete

I'm looking forward to your May posts!

That is awesome about the Blurb! :)

Reply
avatar
CPT Mom
AUTHOR
11:36 PM delete

I went to the Beth Moore conference last month in a beach city. It was pretty much awesome! Beth's teaching and the beach all in one weekend.

I bought a picture frame for the Cutie's aunt last week that said "Aunt...like Mom, only cooler."
That pretty much sums it up.

Reply
avatar
Carrie
AUTHOR
6:57 PM delete

I love blurb too. :) I think I'm on April in my 07 book. I get distracted by making books for my photography clients. It's so overwhelming to organize 300 posts that I wish I would have known about the book option much sooner. And then there's THIS year that I haven't even started on. Someday...
What format are you using? I've ordered soft covers in the 7x7 size and 8x10. My favorite book was a hardcover in 8x10. The dust jacket makes the hardcover look so professional. I'm doing my blog as the biggest size so I can cram as much on each page as I can (with a decent layout of course)

happy book designing! I'd love to see a photo or two of the finished product.

Reply
avatar