I Should've Knocked on Wood

Thursday, April 03, 2008 6 Comments A+ a-

I should know better than to mention sick on this blog. That's right... now Hudson, Devyn, and I are all out for the count! And it came on fast; all within two hours of each other. Ugh! I'm so ready for spring and good weather. This crud has got to go!

---------------------------

While the above is said partly in seriousness and partly in jest, Jennisa brought to my attention the story of Audrey Caroline. Reading this story certainly puts proper perspective on the small things that we're dealing with (like having sickness in the house, etc.) and reminds me to be thankful for the things that I've been blessed with. Audrey's mother, Angie, is dealing with the greatest heartache a mother should never have to deal with and I love how real, how transparent, and how open she is during this time in her life. Please visit her blog, Bring on the Rain, pray for them, and be awed how God is using their story!

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

6 comments

Write comments
Sarah
AUTHOR
12:03 PM delete

Oh that story Jenn! I can't even emagine! Praying.
Love, Sarah

Reply
avatar
Becoming Me
AUTHOR
4:40 PM delete

I am sorry to learn that you are sick. Colds can really drag on a family. I have been reading the story of Audrey Caroline and it is breaking my heart.

Reply
avatar
Julie
AUTHOR
4:51 PM delete

Praying for your family during this sickness. Praying for baby Audrey's family during their time of sorrow and loss. Thank you for sharing this.

~Julie

Reply
avatar
CPT Mom
AUTHOR
9:58 PM delete

The crud has been going around here too. Sorry to here you guys got it. I hope it passes quickly.

Thanks for letting me know about Audrey's story. Her honesty has touched me.

I miss you and your family.

Reply
avatar
Mary
AUTHOR
9:10 AM delete

Praying for you and your fam, girl. Hope you're feeling much better today.

Reply
avatar
Liz
AUTHOR
8:49 PM delete

Ugh, sorry you all are sick. Our family has had a nasty virus here for the past 2 weeks. I know how you feel. :( Hope you all are better soon.

Oh, and I have been reading about Audrey's family...my heart is so broken for them. It really made me hug my little ones a little tighter. It truly does bring things into perspective.

Reply
avatar