Go, Devyn, Go!

Monday, April 14, 2008 5 Comments A+ a-

My little munchkin on the lift.
Uncle Josh and Uncle Brock helping her get ready for the first run.
Uncle Josh helping Devyn down the mountain.

It finally happened! Jon’s brothers, Josh and Brock, have been on my case to allow Devyn to go skiing with them from the time she could walk. I kid you not! You should have seen the looks of disbelief every time I told them they had to wait until she was three-years-old. They scoffed and pleaded, promising to take good care of her, but I was firm. I am, after all, the mommy.

Over the Easter weekend, we trekked up to Vail and met at Josh’s apartment for a day of skiing. I decided to not go with them at the last minute, as I didn’t have a babysitter for Hudson. When we rented her skis for the day, the owner of the shop warned us that most kids Devyn’s age will only ski for a half-hour tops. Jon and the guys were prepared; I warned them to listen to Devyn and not to rush her. Then Hudson and I returned to Josh’s apartment and waited for the phone call to pick her up.



A half went by, an hour went by, and then that turned into three hours. By that time Hudson and I were hungry and we ran to McDonald’s. While at McDonald’s, I got a call that Devyn was finally done skiing and was ready to be picked up. My little skier girl loved being on the mountain and enjoyed the three and a half hour run with her daddy, her Papa Dave, and her uncles. She’s already asking to go back for more!

My hunk all ready to go! Devyn and Daddy on their turn down the mountain.

All done for the day!

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

5 comments

Write comments
Melissa King
AUTHOR
4:40 PM delete

That is so awesome! She looks like a natural out there!

Reply
avatar
John
AUTHOR
5:53 PM delete

Oh man, thats so cool. Her snow plow looks great. You guys have a little ski bunny on your hands.

Reply
avatar
Anonymous
AUTHOR
6:14 PM delete

I LOVE it!!!! It was no doubt a proud moment for you....

Love,
Kara

Reply
avatar
Jaime
AUTHOR
6:36 PM delete

You are such a brave, good Mommy! It looks like she had a blast!

Reply
avatar
O Mama Mia
AUTHOR
6:54 PM delete

She is sooooo of her Daddy's blood!!! And such an ADORABLE snow bunny!!!
Dad says I was around 2-1/2 years when he first took me but I was on his ski tips, not my own, like your hot-rodder!

Reply
avatar