Busy, Busy Bee

Sunday, April 20, 2008 8 Comments A+ a-

I've been busy turning this house into a home. Now that I'm feeling so much better and that the old "me" has returned, I've been able to focus more on making this house a cozy place for us to love and call "home". That means... ta-da... painting and decorating. (Which it turns out, is something I enjoy after all, who knew?) So without further ado, and with help from Melissa at Home Chatter (thank you Melissa!), some glimpses into the projects I've completed.

And again, I'm sorry for the grainy-quality of these photos. Our digital camera is in the truck and Jon's not home right now, so my phone camera had to do in a pinch.

This is the high wall that I referred to in this post. Our intention is to paint all the walls in the living room this warm brown color but we're tackling one wall at a time. We love this color!

This is the wall at the end of our hallway; its the same color as the wall in the living room. I love this saying that we put on there (courtesy of Home Chatter).

This is the wall above Hudson's changing table; I wanted something unique and different. So I bought 3-$1.50 frames from Walmart and painted a background on the wall.

And this is the wall above Hudson's crib, again courtesy of Home Chatter. I am absolutely thrilled with the way this has turned out. In fact, I walk in his room several times a day just to check it out.

Now it's on to Devyn's room and the master bedroom. Slowly but surely this house is becoming ours.

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

8 comments

Write comments
Wendy
AUTHOR
6:33 PM delete

Looks great, Jenn! I especially like what you did w/the 3 frames!

Reply
avatar
Melissa King
AUTHOR
10:22 PM delete

Oh my gosh! It all looks amazing! I love it! That all boy quote turned out so cute. I hope you got my email about the black on top, I don't know what I was thinking when I told you to put the grey on top. I think I forgot what the vision was. Glad it all turned out. And I really love the three frame thing. Cheap and ever so creative!

Reply
avatar
crystal
AUTHOR
7:10 AM delete

Neat! It is pretty. I would have never thought to write sayings on my wall but it is really cool!

Blessings
Crystal

Reply
avatar
Deidre
AUTHOR
3:01 PM delete

Looks beautiful. Love the wall sayings.

Reply
avatar
Dana Marie
AUTHOR
5:49 PM delete

I'm emailing my address again - please come ASAP, I think you got my "nesting"

Reply
avatar
Joy
AUTHOR
7:31 PM delete

Looks great!! Ah... I dream of the day we can stay in one home and make it ours... oh well, we are moving on to the next place in a month!

Reply
avatar
Sarah
AUTHOR
9:43 AM delete

Looking good my friend!
Sarah

Reply
avatar
Liz
AUTHOR
8:47 PM delete

Oh I love what you've done! It looks so great! I am happy that you are enjoying this so much. I had so much fun getting our nursery ready before Claire was born. It was such a great feeling to make her room special.

Reply
avatar