I'm a good mommy!

Friday, March 21, 2008 4 Comments A+ a-

"I got a good mommy."


My mother-in-law is currently visiting from out-of-state due to the deteriorating health of her father. [If you think of it, please say a prayer for the family. Emotions are strong and stresses are high as they try to make Grandpa C's last days as comfortable as possible and as family members say their goodbyes.] As Devyn was showing her some things around her room, she stopped and said, "I got a good mommy."

When my mother-in-law shared that story with me, I turned to Devyn in surprise. "Am I a good mommy, munchkin?" I asked her. She smiled shyly and said, "Yes. You're a good mommy, Mommy."

Oh, to have the approval of one whose opinion matters the most!! Its enough to make you stop and think that maybe you are doing something right.

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

4 comments

Write comments
Melody
AUTHOR
12:35 AM delete

Aww, how precious! That almost made me cry.

Reply
avatar
Stacey
AUTHOR
9:27 AM delete

Okay, the story is cute, but THAT PICTURE!! My heavens! You need to frame that one for her wall!!! I could just cry with the way you are loving each other!

Reply
avatar
Kati
AUTHOR
9:30 PM delete

Melts your heart, doesn't it!

Reply
avatar
Courtney
AUTHOR
10:28 AM delete

Hands down this is my favorite picture of you two!

Reply
avatar