Wedding Gown Winner

Saturday, February 23, 2008 6 Comments A+ a-

Ok, so this was so much fun! I just loved reading the comments and emails from readers, and the pictures were so great!! Here are a few of the entries:

We have Wendy from Showered with Grace, who recently celebrated an anniversary.

We have Melissa from The King Family who stuff her niece and nephew into her dress.

We have Kamma from All You Need Is Love, showing off her gown with two of her loves, her guitar and a glass of wine. [Side note: Kamma is a dear, childhood friend who just started blogging herself. Click on over, say hi, and see what adventure she's about to embark on.]

But we have a definite winner... or winners I should say. I laughed SO very hard when I recieved Cpt Mom and Racer's entry. They team-blog over at We Can Cry If We Want To and are so hysterical; I find myself constantly laughing (so bad I come close to peeing my pants sometimes) and I've decided that their bravey definitely deserves to win. Here's Racer's description of their day:

"Here's what we did: we decided to go around town in them, doin thins we would normally do. I think we should win because we had to endure many a stare...and even a proposal!
Attached are pictures of us:
In front of the house.
Getting all that material, skirting, etc into the truck.
At Lowes.
At Chick-Fil-A (in the playground, since we hang there with our peeps)
Trying on shoes at Ross (finding the ugliest ones we could)
At the custard shop (because we LOVE this place). Side note: The owner wants to have a contest or get together with her mommies group wearing their dresses because of our visit.
In front of the fountains (because we needed a more "formal" setting)."


Let's let the pictures speak for themselves, shall we?!






So Cpt Mom and Racer, I'm sending a $20 Visa gift card your way to use as you wish. Maybe it'll be for another trip to your favorite custard store, maybe you'll enjoy a lunch at Chik-Fil-A, or maybe you'll reimburse the gas you spent driving all over town! Thanks for getting into the spirit of things, you made this mama's day!!


I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

6 comments

Write comments
CPT Mom
AUTHOR
7:54 AM delete

Yippee!!

I am so excited!

We had a fun time doing it...our husbands thought we were absolutely nuts!

Reply
avatar
Melissa King
AUTHOR
9:28 PM delete

That is awesome! I love the winner's pictures. They definitely deserve to win!

Sidenote...it's my two nephews, not a neice.

Reply
avatar
Melody
AUTHOR
9:58 PM delete

OMGosh that's so funny ! Yep those girls definately deserved to win. I wouldn't dare try to fit into my gown again, not to mention that the style of it would be attrocious now.

Reply
avatar
Jennisa
AUTHOR
10:30 PM delete

HILARIOUS! How funny are they! OMGoodness...laughing here....really laughing!

Reply
avatar
Amazing Racer
AUTHOR
10:10 AM delete

Sweet. Thanks. That was fun.

Reply
avatar
Wendy
AUTHOR
6:41 PM delete

How fun to see all of these!

Reply
avatar