Wedding Gown Challenge

Tuesday, February 19, 2008 4 Comments A+ a-

Ok, really quick, some new rules for the Wedding Gown Challenge, because I want everyone who wants to participate to be able to do so. Bodies HAVE changed in the years since we've married our husbands and I think its important that we all love and accept those changes for what they are. So, if the dresses don't fit like they once did (and this will be true for so many of us!), why not get out that bridal gown and dress up your daughter, or dog, or doll. The prize may have to go to the most creative way to show off your dress! Or I may just do a drawing. We'll see!

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

4 comments

Write comments
CPT Mom
AUTHOR
1:42 PM delete

I love it!

I think everyone's body has changed in some way over the years of marriage, childbirth, life, etc.
We should not be sad about it, but embrace who we are in the Lord today.

It doesn't matter if the dress doesn't fit, just show it off in some way. It will be fun to see the different styles of gowns.

Reply
avatar
Stacey
AUTHOR
2:00 PM delete

Cpt. - great words of encouragement! I am afraid I was a bit of a party-pooper in the last comments section.

I did pull out the gown and put it on. While it doesn't close, it is still simply beautiful and I loved being in it for those few moments.

I will have to get my husband's help with this one!!

Again, sorry to all y'all for being such a party-pooper. I guess I felt a little frumpy this morning and didn't want to even think about how tight it would be!!

Reply
avatar
CPT Mom
AUTHOR
10:12 PM delete

Good for you for trying, Stacey!

I am so proud of you that you tried. It is so easy when we are discouraged to just give up.

I bet you look gorgeous. I can't wait to see your pictures!!

Reply
avatar
Haley
AUTHOR
2:53 PM delete

Alright Jenn! Good idea! I'll do it but you will have to wait till after this weekend. My dress is still at the in-laws and we will be there all weekend! I look forward to sending you the pictures... and to trying to put that dress on again!

Reply
avatar