Décor, Doctor, and Exercise

Friday, February 29, 2008 6 Comments A+ a-

First of all, do you remember this post? Well, I loved that saying so much, that I had it made into a tile. Didn’t it turn out great? Granted, the picture was taken in my car, but I already know where it’s going; behind my kitchen sink. I was surfing an old classmate’s blog and found a link to her business blog, Home Chatter. Melissa was so easy to work with, had wonderful ideas, and I was surprised by the price. I highly recommend checking her site out; I’m not sure if she and her partner ship items elsewhere in the States but I’m sure that’s definitely something you can talk to her about. I’m looking at the picture again and I’m almost giddy in my happiness over how it turned out. I can’t wait to get home to set it up!

I had an appointment with my doctor this afternoon. I’ve had plenty of conversations lately with Jon, my mom, sisters, and friends regarding my post-partum depression. In fact, after a conversation I had with Jon on Wednesday night, I was very angry at my depression. So much so that I wrote a scathing post to my depression; it was posted on my blog for about 25 minutes before I pulled it off again. Basically, while I feel like my depression is better, I have felt so numb for the past 2-3 months; as though I’m a sideline player within the family. There are very few times that I’ve felt engaged with Jon, the kids, or even my sisters. I wanted to see the doctor to see if I was on the right medication, the right dosage, etc. After listening to my symptoms, my doctor thinks that I may be over-medicated at this point. (Excuse me?! Would you mind repeating that again?) After a great appointment, Dr. Susie and I made a plan to slowly (s-l-o-w-l-y) lower my dosage. And I’ve also been instructed that exercise is no longer an option for me, meaning I have no choice BUT to start exercising (for those that know me, they know how much I abhor exercise), something about exercise and endorphins, so now I’m going to have to figure out some way to get my heart racing for 30 minutes a day, 3x a week. This should be an interesting journey.

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

6 comments

Write comments
O Mama Mia
AUTHOR
8:37 PM delete

"so now I’m going to have to figure out some way to get my heart racing for 30 minutes a day, 3x a week".... dare I say "s-e-x"? {{gasp from all our family members}} ;)
Praying for you, sweets! Just remember that you are bigger than your thoughts. And God is even bigger than that. Show 'em who's the boss, girl!

Reply
avatar
Melissa King
AUTHOR
9:18 PM delete

Thank you for the reccomendation and referral! I am so happy you love it. I think it turned out great!

Hope you get better soon! Let me know if you need anything

Reply
avatar
Lange Mom :o)
AUTHOR
7:15 AM delete

endorphines does wonders!!!
I love your honesty and always what you say in your blog! The plaque is excellent! However, your link in your bloHome Chatter..is not working. :o(
Take care my love!
PS........enjoy my son this summer :o)

Reply
avatar
10:29 AM delete

I love that tile!! And I love a lot of their products. Thanks for directing us that way.

I've got to talk to my doctor about meds, too. I'm glad you went back and they are adjusting them. Because feeling numb is not good, either!

I abhor exercise, too, but I've GOT TO GET MOVING!!!

Reply
avatar
Sara
AUTHOR
11:05 AM delete

Jenn, I belong to the wellington health club and I go at night when the kids are asleep and Andrew is home, I would love to have a buddy if you need some pushing:) You should check it out and see if it would work for you. Let me know!

Reply
avatar
9:37 AM delete

I'll keep you in my prayers! Hopefully, exercise will make you feel better to some degree!!! But, I love to run, so I am a little biased. You just have to find your thing!! Maybe it is biking or an aerobics class or a spinner class or swimming, etc. Wish I lived closer I'd make you walk with me!!! Take care!

Reply
avatar