Caution: New Mom Ahead

Wednesday, February 13, 2008 10 Comments A+ a-

Seriously, I feel like I should have construction cones placed all around me as I try to navigate the twists and turns of motherhood.

I think I accomplished one of the biggest blunders a mother could do… I sent Devyn to preschool, the day before Valentine’s Day, without any valentines! You cannot imagine the horror I feel as I think about my daughter walking into her class without any valentines to hand out. It would have helped if I’d read the papers that were sent home with her. Of course, that would mean Daddy would have had to bring them in from his truck. I am so embarrassed! Devyn, on the other hand, is completely fine; she still received the valentines that the other kids brought. I, however, will forever be known as the mother who forgot Valentines Day.

Please tell me there’s a learning curve as a mom!

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

10 comments

Write comments
Stacey
AUTHOR
3:55 PM delete

Oh Jenn,
I have done things like this!

On halloween, I didn't send Emma to ballet in a costume - how was I to know they would actually have a party? There were no papers sent home! So, I totally was embarassed and felt like "that mom" as well. But she was great and one of the other little girls gave her a witch hat to wear so even in the picture, she looks like she has a full costume one. Sigh.

Yes, learning curve, that sounds about right. ;)

No good news on the mp3 player yet. I will explain soon. But the working out is going great!

Also, I am registering my son, my BABY, for coach-pitch baseball tonight. I think I may throw-up or cry. Or both. Sigh.

This mom-gig is killer some days.

Reply
avatar
Kati
AUTHOR
4:39 PM delete

When you find that class for "new" mommies that will teach us EVERYTHING...let me know...I need it too!!!

Reply
avatar
Liberty
AUTHOR
8:25 PM delete

You are not alone. We were going to a new church and they were having a reformation party on halloween so we thought it was an "alternative" type of party for halloween. We showed up and EVERY SINGLE PERSON was wearing costumes from that era, except for my boys. Grant was Mr. Incredible, Eli was Captain America, and Sawyer was Buzz Lightyear. Luckily, they are too young to notice that they stuck out like sore thumbs. :P

Reply
avatar
Liberty
AUTHOR
8:27 PM delete

PS there was one little girl at the party and I thought "Phew, a princess" and I asked her if she was a princess and she said, "NO, I am Martin Luther's BRIDE!" LOL

Reply
avatar
Amy
AUTHOR
8:10 AM delete

Oh, that sounds like something I would do!! But Devyn sounds like a trooper...attitude is everything:) love you...amy

Reply
avatar
Paula
AUTHOR
9:52 AM delete

Oh It happens to all. And most importantly, if Devyn didn't notice, then DON'T WORRY about it.

Reply
avatar
Sarah
AUTHOR
10:15 AM delete

Just think, this one LITTLE blunder has now made you the best valentine mom ever for future valentines days! Live and learn and laugh at yourself! Perfection is overrated.
Love, Sarah

Reply
avatar
Christine
AUTHOR
12:26 PM delete

LOL! I remembered just last night and made some really quickly with my scrapbooking supplies. And I have had to do this every year since Colin was 3. I have no "newbie" excuse. So I almost forgot, but saved myself last minute.

She'll have no lasting trauma...you, however....

:)

Reply
avatar
12:43 PM delete

Well, as long as Devyn didn't mind, maybe you shouldn't beat yourself up over it.
Cosette's b'day is four days after Christmas, and the day we had her party was the day I ended up in the emergency room for the morning with the baby scare. It wasn't until like a week later that I realized that Mommy and Daddy hadn't even bought Cosette a birthday present!!
So you see, we all make mistakes :)

Reply
avatar
Melissa King
AUTHOR
1:26 PM delete

Like you don't already have enough going on in your life! I think you will quickly be forgiven and the "mishap" will be forgotten.

Reply
avatar