We did it!

Thursday, January 03, 2008 9 Comments A+ a-

After one "minor" meltdown when Devyn threw her pacifiers in the trash, we can officially say that this is a pacifier-free house! Whoo hoo!

I am happy to report that all is well, we have all survived. Truth be told, Devyn did much better than I anticipated; only asking for her "paci" once or twice the first night. We haven't heard the word "paci" since. Which leads me to believe that Devyn's dependence on her pacifiers was actually MY handicap, not hers.

Oh well... We did it!

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

9 comments

Write comments
Amy
AUTHOR
10:23 AM delete

Wow! I am so impressed. I'm really not looking forward to the process at all but you give me hope. Way to go! love you..amy

Reply
avatar
HappyMama
AUTHOR
10:29 AM delete

Way to go, Devyn! That's awesome. Brooklyn is in the same transition right now, and we're having amazing luck!!!

Reply
avatar
Christina
AUTHOR
11:24 AM delete

You did it, You did it, You did it YEAH!

Ok, too much Dora. lol

Way to go, that's a huge step. Aidan (my 2 year old) still has a bottle, not looking forward to getting rid of it.

Reply
avatar
Christine
AUTHOR
12:18 PM delete

Yippee!! Our oldest was easy to wean from the binky, the 2nd? not so much. We still have 2 to go! :) Hope you're having a wonderful New Year so far!! You're a blessing!

Reply
avatar
LPDraper
AUTHOR
2:42 PM delete

Yay! That is so exciting! Reagan only got hers when she was in bed and therefore it was one VERY long naptime when she threw hers away at 2 years old... but after one not-so-minor meltdown she did great.
And I agree.... it was totally my crutch and not hers.
I did learn, however, and Ian's was gone at 15 months. So much easier! I was determined to have it gone before he could call it by name. I'm thankful to be a no "paci" household too!!!

Reply
avatar
Amazing Racer
AUTHOR
4:24 PM delete

Way to go...I did the same thing (as in my handicap) with my boy. He was totally over the "num num" as soon as it was gone.

Congrats!

Reply
avatar
CPT Mom
AUTHOR
10:20 PM delete

Yeah! So proud of all of you!

Great job!

Reply
avatar
Laura
AUTHOR
6:14 AM delete

Congratulations! I'm not looking forward to that process AT ALL - but your experience is inspiring!

Reply
avatar
Tiffany
AUTHOR
5:12 PM delete

Awwww! Way to go..Mommy and Devyn. I remember the day we threw Julia's "paci/nani" away. It was the day after her 2nd b'day. She had chewed a hole in it so I cut the tip off and showed her that it broke and we needed to throw it away. (I was so nervous that it wasn't going to work.) So that day we walked it out to the garbage can, she threw it in and we watched the garbage man take it away. And that was it, if only I knew it was going to be that easy. Great blog!

Reply
avatar