Truck - Meet Pole

Friday, January 11, 2008 12 Comments A+ a-

I was pulling out of my lane at the bank when I heard this horrendous crunching sound. Immediately I turned red, backed up, got out, and surveyed the damage to Jon’s truck. I got sympathetic nods and smiles from others parked at the different tellers; they have no idea how much I’m going to need that sympathy. After all, this is Jon’s baby. He’s aware of the accident, he hasn’t decided if I’m going to be forgiven or not, and I can’t believe I didn’t see those cement poles. I’m not posting a picture because Jon has yet to see the damage and I don’t think seeing them online first will help matters. Chalk another one up for misjudging distance between metal and inanimate objects.

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

12 comments

Write comments
2:26 PM delete

Ouch!! I hope much sympathy is coming your way!!

Reply
avatar
2:39 PM delete

A few weeks after I bought my first car, I backed into a pole. Then, my friend backed into the same pole. He only had his new car for a day at that point. Sorry to hear, such a bad feeling!

Reply
avatar
HappyMama
AUTHOR
3:16 PM delete

Oops! Good luck when you go home.

Reply
avatar
LPDraper
AUTHOR
3:25 PM delete

Oh stink...

I did the same thing to my car when I was in college. Then Sean got the other side of my car with the SAME pole! What is it with cement poles always being in the way?!

Reply
avatar
Dana Marie
AUTHOR
3:55 PM delete

in this home... we do mistakes. :) crappy jenn, that sucks but at least something like that happened when you were barely backing up instead of a serious accident. wow, i'm NEVER the optimistic one, look at me! haha! :)

Reply
avatar
Christina
AUTHOR
4:22 PM delete

eek! So sorry. Bake him a chocolate cake? :-)

Reply
avatar
4:34 PM delete

Oh my, I'm sure he'll forgive you. Everybody has been through that at least once.


Jillian

Reply
avatar
CPT Mom
AUTHOR
7:23 PM delete

Aaahhh! I am sorry. I feel your pain. It seems I am always the one looking for the sympathy around our house.

Let us know how it goes.

Reply
avatar
Amazing Racer
AUTHOR
7:25 PM delete

Ugh. Those poles always jump out at the most inconvenient times! Praying for mercy for ya.

Reply
avatar
Amy
AUTHOR
9:15 PM delete

So sad! I've had a fairly serious run in with a pole too. Happens to the best of us:) Hugs!

Reply
avatar
Mary C
AUTHOR
12:45 PM delete

Oh, bless your heart! Good luck!

Reply
avatar
Melissa King
AUTHOR
1:39 PM delete

Hey Jenn! I am so glad to find you in blogger land. sorry about your accident. I have done a similar thing before. But not to my husbands baby! Sorry!

Reply
avatar