Puppydog Tails and Love

Monday, January 07, 2008 7 Comments A+ a-

Oh I am blessed… so very blessed. We’re seeing Hudson’s personality come out more and more; it’s as though he’s sharing new little details every day. And all I can say is… wow!

He is all boy… no question about it... all boy. He is mischievous, into everything, always on the go, and plays just a little too rough. We’re constantly having to remind him to be gentle or that he’s not allowed to pull hair; I can’t tell you how many times his little hands have been swatted from touching the electrical chords. It’s hysterical how every morning he crawls into Devyn’s room, pulls her nightlight from the plug, and proceeds to turn it over and over, as if trying to figure out how it works. Every morning he does this… you would think it would get old by now.

But, wow, his tender, loving, compassionate side is coming out and I think I may just melt. He and Devyn are close; very, very close. They are best friends; they are constantly looking out for each other; and I’m relishing each moment the two of them have together. It makes me so happy to see Hudson’s face light up whenever Devyn walks into the room.

However, lately Miss Devyn is getting into some trouble. We’re experiencing many tantrums and timeouts right now; there is a lot of crying in our house. (Whoever said that the terrible twos were hard, never experienced the tumultuous threes.) Hudson does not like seeing his sister cry… not at all… and has started doing his best to comfort her. As soon as the tears start, no matter where he is in the house, he crawls over to Devyn and lays his head on her back. He stays in that position until she stops and the tears always stop sooner when Hudson is comforting.

Oh my goodness, he is one big bundle of sweetness. Whomever God has for his wife is going to be one lucky, lucky girl and I’m so thankful that I get to be the mama!

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

7 comments

Write comments
Wendy
AUTHOR
6:48 PM delete

age 3 has been harder for me than 2.

That is so sweet that he is wanting to comfort his sister.

Reply
avatar
Sarah
AUTHOR
7:56 PM delete

maybe he, and the third little girl I'm just sure we're going to have some day, will hit it off. Just think, we could have the same grandchildren some day! We can only dream right! Sounds like pure sweetness. Can't wait to get some "boy" in this house when I start watching him. I think he and Chloe will good pals as far as the rough play goes:)
Love, Sarah

Reply
avatar
Laura
AUTHOR
3:56 AM delete

He sounds totally precious!

Reply
avatar
Mary Hess
AUTHOR
4:13 PM delete

He's gorgeous! And the post below was awesome too! They seem to really love hanging together. That's great!

Happy New Year!

Reply
avatar
Elise
AUTHOR
8:34 PM delete

Second-borns are the sweetest, I'm positive. You're seeing that character building even now- encourage it! Praise it!
You are indeed blessed, sweet mama.

Reply
avatar
Dana Marie
AUTHOR
9:32 AM delete

I can't wait to see your babies again, SO cute!!

(...and where do you get the graphics you use in your blogs sometimes?)

Reply
avatar
Christine
AUTHOR
7:48 AM delete

Three was always tougher than two for me!
Love the curls your cuties have!

Reply
avatar