He is simply the best!

Monday, January 14, 2008 7 Comments A+ a-

Excuse while I brag a moment...

Jon had disappeared to take a shower while I was in the living room reading the kids a story. We were waiting for the pizza to finish baking when Jon called me into the bedroom. I'll admit here that I went begrudgingly, unsure of what couldn't wait until after dinner. As I got into the room, Jon opened the bathroom door to reveal a bathtub showered in candlelight and warm bath waiting for yours truly. While I stood there in amazement, Jon told me to enjoy myself and disappeared behind closed doors with the kiddos. My husband drew me a candle-lit bath! I'm still in awe and so thankful for his thoughtful gift. I got to revel in the dark silence, enjoy the solitude, and (this is the exciting part) I got to shave my legs!

I guess I've been forgiven for wrecking his truck.

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

7 comments

Write comments
Amy
AUTHOR
11:25 PM delete

I'm so jealous!! What a sweet man, Jenn. You've got yourself a good one:) love you! Amy

Reply
avatar
Christina
AUTHOR
11:02 AM delete

How thoughtful! You are one lucky lady! :-)

Reply
avatar
1:28 PM delete

I'll I have to say is that it is too bad my husband doesn't read your blog!!!!!!!!

Well done, Jon, well done!!

Reply
avatar
crystal
AUTHOR
2:21 PM delete

Dont you just love it when they do stuff like that! How sweet! I dont comment often but I had to comment on this one! Good Job Jon!

Blessings
Crystal

Reply
avatar
Dana Marie
AUTHOR
5:01 PM delete

wait a minute--i don't get to shave my legs anymore either?! :)

Reply
avatar
CPT Mom
AUTHOR
7:02 PM delete

aaawww! That post made me smile.

Jon, thanks for being such a good husband to my "niece".


And Dana: shaving is about to become a luxury :)

Reply
avatar
Liz
AUTHOR
10:32 PM delete

You have every right to brag! :)What a great hubby you have!! That is so sweet. I agree, I think my husband needs to read this blog! :)

Reply
avatar