A Girly Milestone

Tuesday, January 29, 2008 13 Comments A+ a-

This was your daddy’s idea; I wanted to wait until you were older. But you love your clip-on, play earrings and you were potty-trained within a week, so I gave in. I know you’ll love this “reward”.

Oh my little girl, not so little any more. Look at you! So big, so tall, so… child-like.

You had such a good time picking out your earrings; I knew you’d pick out the pink-cz flower ones. So pretty!

Look at us, mother and daughter, smiling for the camera. I’ve explained about the brief pinch and when you nodded your head solemnly, I think you understood.

What a trooper! You did not cry, you did not flinch, and you didn’t move a muscle when the “gun” got stuck on the second ear. I was so very impressed with your bravery.

Here you are with pierced ears! Where has my little baby gone?

Every time we pass a mirror or window, you have to stop and check out your pretty bejeweled earlobes. You seem quite proud of your earrings and eager to show them off to anyone who will notice.

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

13 comments

Write comments
Dana Marie
AUTHOR
3:21 PM delete

she didn't flinch at all?! i think i would still tear up even... she's a champ! -and SO stinkin' cute!

you and jon need to keep making babies, you practically owe it to society :)

Reply
avatar
Wendy
AUTHOR
3:25 PM delete

Wow, no tears..
She looks so cute!

Reply
avatar
LPDraper
AUTHOR
3:34 PM delete

What a big girl!

She's so cute... :)

Reply
avatar
HappyMama
AUTHOR
4:43 PM delete

What a big girl you have there Jenn! I love her earrings and she looks just so happy to have her ears pierced. And, no tears, I'm impressed!!!

Reply
avatar
Courtney
AUTHOR
4:51 PM delete

So I get to pick out earrings for my flower girl to wear? I'm so excited!!!

Reply
avatar
Liz
AUTHOR
7:57 PM delete

What a brave little girl. It's so bittersweet to watch them grow. She looks beautiful!

I love the picture of the two of you. You both look so excited!

Reply
avatar
Kati
AUTHOR
8:59 PM delete

So precious! As you know, we did Kynlee's ears at 3 months, but I had mixed feelings about waiting until she was a little older.

I think it's great how involved Devyn got to be...and to pick out her own...what a milestone!

Reply
avatar
Melissa King
AUTHOR
11:24 PM delete

SO cute! What a brave girl. I was 18 when I got my ears pierced and I even flinched. And I am so jealous of her beautiful pink earings. I love them!

Reply
avatar
O Mama Mia
AUTHOR
7:40 AM delete

Whoa! No tears! She looks adorable & truly growing up!
Isn't it amazing the things they choose to have rokkin self-control with???

Reply
avatar
Rachel
AUTHOR
9:34 AM delete

How sweet! I remember when I took Kyra to get her ears pierced. It wasn't quite so drama-free, but she did the same thing...looking in every mirror we passed. Devyn is beautiful! I know you're proud.

~~Rachel
www.nothinggold.net

Reply
avatar
crystal
AUTHOR
11:11 AM delete

How precious! I cant believe she didnt cry. Impressive! Love the earrings! I flinced when I got mine pierced at 20.. She did great.

Blessings
Crystal

Reply
avatar
11:56 AM delete

how precious! and brave!!

Reply
avatar
Wani
AUTHOR
11:08 AM delete

Aw.... I want a girl! I love my two boys more than anything... but I've always pictured myself as a mom to a daughter - is that weird?

Reply
avatar