Girly Vanity

Wednesday, January 30, 2008 8 Comments A+ a-

And speaking of friends...

Every Wednesday morning, Devyn attends BSF bible study with my mom. While Mom is with the grown-ups, Devyn is chilling with the other kiddos her age, learning about the same things as “Nana”. (Obviously down-sized for kiddo-sized brains and intellect.) It was at this bible study that Devyn has met her BFF, Connor. Apparently Devyn and Connor are the best of friends, choosing to play with each other and no one else. A lot of sadness ensues when one is there and the other is absent. For example, Devyn has been absent the last two weeks due to her sickness. Connor has missed her so much that he made a card for her, which he brought with him today. Its too cute… this friendship they’ve developed.

Last night as we were talking about Wednesday’s plans, and once Devyn discovered that she’d be attending church, she could not stop talking about Connor.

“I go to church tomorrow, Mommy!”

“Yes, love, you’re going to church tomorrow.”

“I get to see Connor!”

“Yes, you’ll get to see Connor. I’m sure he’ll be excited to see you.” Her little head was bobbing with so much anticipation; I thought it was going to bob right off her neck!

And with all the vanity a little girl could muster, “I get to show him my earrings!

Oh my… It’s a good thing she’s too little to understand that little boys and earrings don’t usually go hand-in-hand. But much to Connor’s 3-year-old credit, he responded with, “They’re pretty.”

Now that's a good friend!

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

8 comments

Write comments
CPT Mom
AUTHOR
9:04 PM delete

I love it!

I love watching the friendships that my little one is creating at such a young age. They are adorable!

Reply
avatar
Melody
AUTHOR
9:23 PM delete

That's completely adorable. I hope you can sneak some pictures of the two of them sometime. It'd be a great thing to show Devyn when she's older.

Reply
avatar
1:42 AM delete

That is just too cute!

Reply
avatar
Katy
AUTHOR
6:31 AM delete

Awww!!!! That is so sweet! :)

Reply
avatar
Sarah
AUTHOR
8:33 AM delete

Very cute and you can tell she's just beeming with pride! It will be fun to go do that with Emma some day.
Love, Sarah

Reply
avatar
Sarah
AUTHOR
8:35 AM delete

opps! I commented on the wrong post, I meant to comment on the ear piercing post, but what a cute friendship too!

Reply
avatar
Melissa King
AUTHOR
2:04 PM delete

Cute story!

Reply
avatar
Laura
AUTHOR
2:03 AM delete

Wow - well done Connor, and your daughter is too cute with her pride about her earrings. What fun!

Reply
avatar