Weekend Recap (in Photos)

Monday, December 17, 2007 10 Comments A+ a-

I went shopping with my sister, Courtney. Our other sister, Christine, and her husband are throwing a semi-formal Christmas party and I needed something new to wear. My dress is very similar to the one above, except imagine it with spagetti straps. I'm not sure I should still be shopping in the junior section but I sure feel pretty in this number.

Jon's mother flew into town to celebrate Christmas with her boys. Brock and Josh came down the mountain to stay with us for the weekend too.

We got to meet Uncle Brock's new girlfriend, Holly. We LOVE her! They make such a handsome couple.

Hudson fell in love with the hersey kiss candy canes.

Devyn and Uncle Josh tried out her new snow pants and snow boots. My daughter is stylin' with the new boots.

Catching Uncle Josh in a rare photo opportunity!

Isn't my husband handsome?! And a little tired!

Dixie, Brock's baby girl, even joined in on the fun.

So, after dealing with a dying four-door sedan all week (it broke down four times in one week, not to mention that it overheated driving only 10 miles), Jon and I broke down and bought a mini-van. I was terrified our credit history would come back to haunt us (and it did a little in terms of the interest rate we got) but we now have a gorgeous 2006 Kia Sedona sitting in our garage!

The color is called Sage Mystic or Mystique. (Where do they come up with these names?!)

The interior is all cream-colored.

It was a wonderful weekend; we got to spend time with family, a new girl in a family of boys, and a new (reliable, safe) car. God has blessed us indeed!


I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

10 comments

Write comments
Sarah
AUTHOR
11:58 AM delete

The van is gorgeous Jenn! Similar in color to ours. You'll love driving it around, mini vans are just perfect family cars.
Love, Sarah

Reply
avatar
Paula
AUTHOR
1:54 PM delete

YEA! YEA! YEA! For the new van. Enjoy!!

Reply
avatar
2:07 PM delete

Oh YAY!!!! Welcome to the minivan club!
When we got ours, we got a horrible rate as well, and so we are technically paying more for it than we needed to, but you know what - it is only money - store up treasures in heaven and keep your earthly treasures (your family) safe by driving them around in a safe, reliable vehicle!

Peace to you as you relish in God's blessings today!

Reply
avatar
2:30 PM delete

Welcome to Minivan land. Once you own it with all the room you will never want anything else. I can't wait to hug your neck in just 6 days!

LOVE YOU

Reply
avatar
MamaEscandon
AUTHOR
2:54 PM delete

Nice car! We drive a 4 door sedan... it has a lot of life in it though... BUT it is our only car. Unfortunately we can only afford 1 payemt but I am really itching for a bigger and new car! I would love to have a minivan. I'm jealous! :O)

Reply
avatar
3:39 PM delete

What an exciting weekend! Glad to hear the car drama is over.

Reply
avatar
AndiMae
AUTHOR
4:02 PM delete

01. Your family Christmas card is so sweet! I really love that picture of you guys!

02. I can't believe how long Hudson's hair is getting- he is so so cute!

03. And I am so incredibly jealous of your new mini-van!! We just took a long trip to see my family for the holidays and decided we want to buy one as well as soon as possible!!

04. Happy Monday!

Reply
avatar
Amy
AUTHOR
2:54 PM delete

Oooohhhh, love the dress, the van, the new girlfriend (your BIL's:), and all of the pictures!

What a full, full weekend. No wonder we couldn't connect! I'm so glad we finally did though. You are such a good friend! love, Amy

Reply
avatar
Liz
AUTHOR
3:17 PM delete

Sounds like such a great weekend. I bet you will look so lovely in that dress...I love it! :)

Congrats on the van. That is so exciting!

Reply
avatar
5:38 PM delete

Love the new car except it looks so strange to see the steering wheel on the left hand side. This is the opposite side to here and Australia LOL.

I am sure you will look wonderful in the new dress (please post a photo!.
Jon and his brothers all share a very strong family resemblance. They all look happy to be together.
Jen in Jakarta

Reply
avatar