Wedding Bells Will Ring

Tuesday, December 25, 2007 15 Comments A+ a-

Yes, you read that title right. My youngest sister, the baby, was proposed to on Christmas Eve by her boyfriend of 4+ years. We are so thrilled for Courtney and Jeremy!


I was so incredibly honored when about a month ago, Jeremy asked me to go with him to find a ring. So one Sunday, Jeremy, his mom, my mom, and I visited four jewelry stores together and when Jeremy saw THE ring, his face just lit up. It was really too cute! He then asked for help coming up with an idea on how to propose. (He is one of the smartest men I know, he's working towards his PhD in Bio-something-or-other; but he is NOT creative at all!) Jon, Mom, and I threw ideas at him over and over again; he rejected each one. Finally we came up with the perfect idea, the idea he ended up using.

He framed the above picture and wrapped it up. When he and Courtney arrived at his parents house, who just "conveniently" happened to be out of the house, he handed Courtney the wrapped framed picture. She wasn't quite sure why he was giving her a photo of her niece and nephew... until she read the sign. Then as she started to tear up, Jeremy got on his knee and asked her to be his wife. Perfecto!

And so it begins! The hustle and bustle that is a "insert-maiden-name-here" -wedding. We are so excited and thrilled to be welcoming another brother-in-law into the family!

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

15 comments

Write comments
dareth
AUTHOR
8:02 AM delete

Yeah! So excited for them!!!

Reply
avatar
Paula
AUTHOR
9:57 AM delete

Wonderful!! Chris proposed on Christmas Eve 8 years ago. That is so great. You will enjoy now the thrills of planning a wedding.

Reply
avatar
Dana Marie
AUTHOR
11:39 AM delete

SO cute, great idea! I saw this on her facebook page too! I'm sure you all are just estatic, congrats to you all, especially Courtney. how exciting!!!!

Reply
avatar
Amazing Racer
AUTHOR
11:48 AM delete

Congrats to them.

Reply
avatar
Jenn
AUTHOR
12:39 PM delete

Congradulations!! How exciting to get engaged. =)

Merry Christmas to you!

Jenn

Reply
avatar
Lange Mom :o)
AUTHOR
3:02 PM delete

YEAH!!!!! Lovely story! I am happy for them~

Reply
avatar
Jennisa
AUTHOR
7:43 PM delete

Such fun news! Weddings are so much fun!!!

Reply
avatar
Wendy
AUTHOR
6:17 AM delete

That is so exciting and I love how he asked her!

Reply
avatar
6:31 AM delete

Please pass on my congratulations!



Jen in Jakarta

Reply
avatar
8:24 AM delete

What a beautiful story--thanks for sharing!

Many blessings...

Reply
avatar
Katy
AUTHOR
11:24 AM delete

That is sooo sweet and exciting! :) Congratulations to them!!!!

Reply
avatar
2:16 PM delete

Congrats to them!! Love the sign!

Reply
avatar
Liberty
AUTHOR
8:22 PM delete

awwwwwww!

Reply
avatar
barb michelen
AUTHOR
1:39 AM delete

Hello I just entered before I have to leave to the airport, it's been very nice to meet you, if you want here is the site I told you about where I type some stuff and make good money (I work from home): here it is

Reply
avatar
Christina
AUTHOR
11:45 AM delete

Congrats to your sis! What an awesome way to be proposed to. You are such a great sister! :-)

Reply
avatar