Too freakin' cute!!

Sunday, December 30, 2007 11 Comments A+ a-

I have got to record this moment for posterity's sake!

Devyn: "I want a movie." [A look from her mother.] "Please?"
Me: "What do you want to watch?"
Devyn: "The Grinch, The Grinch."
Me: [Cringing inside, we've watched that movie at least once a day since December 1st.] "How about Beauty and the Beast?"
Devyn: "No, the Beast scares me."
Me: "How about Snow White?"
Devyn: "No, that movie scares me too."
Me: [Scratching my chin.] "Hmmmmm..."
Devyn: "Think, think, think." [Pause] How about the Grinch?"

How could I possibly say no to cuteness like that?!

PS Yes, my daughter said all those words; we have seen HUGE improvements in her speech this past month. Praise the Lord!

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

11 comments

Write comments
Sarah
AUTHOR
8:08 PM delete

Love it! When they know what they want and just how to ask for it, watch out right! Love the post below too, I wish I was part of all this sister fun with you. But Amber and I are bridesmaids in Kim and Tyler's wedding, so that will be fun! Perhaps I'll be massively pregnant by then, oh boy! Can't wait til Tuesday morning. How bout 9:00am? Give me a call if that works and we can talk about where.
Love, Sarah

Reply
avatar
Anonymous
AUTHOR
8:27 PM delete

She is so precious!! She always had it in her...we all knew that one. What an awesome answer to prayer though.
Give them both big hugs and kisses.
Love
Colleen

Reply
avatar
CPT Mom
AUTHOR
8:33 PM delete

That's awesome!

Reply
avatar
Wendy
AUTHOR
5:14 AM delete

So cute and that is great that she is saying more.

Reply
avatar
Amazing Racer
AUTHOR
9:33 AM delete

Precious. And totally exciting to hear so many words.

Reply
avatar
Amazing Racer
AUTHOR
9:33 AM delete This comment has been removed by the author.
avatar
Amy
AUTHOR
3:55 PM delete

Oh, Devyn...sweet girl! Seriously...how could you say no:)

Reply
avatar
9:42 AM delete

I'm so happy for Devyn! What a growth in vocabulary she's had! And I know how hard it is to say no to cuteness :)

Reply
avatar
1:48 PM delete

How funny!!! That is great in regards to the speech improvements as well!

Reply
avatar
Lange Mom :o)
AUTHOR
9:29 AM delete

All those words?!!! Yikes! What a growth in vocabulary!! YEAH!!

Reply
avatar
HappyMama
AUTHOR
4:33 PM delete

Go Devyn!! That's incredible. And, it's so hard to say no, huh!?!

Reply
avatar