Flashback to 1984

Tuesday, December 04, 2007 10 Comments A+ a-

I was wrong about the ages; I was five and it was three days before Christine's third birthday. We so badly wanted these Cabbage Patch dolls; both Grandma and Mom told us that while they tried, they were sold out wherever they went. We were heartbroken.

Imagine our surprise and delight when we opened these packages on Christmas morning!


A dark-haired doll for me and light-haired doll for Christine. We sure did love those babies!


I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

10 comments

Write comments
Christina
AUTHOR
11:10 AM delete

My cabbage patch doll was named Vicky...I loved her. Thanks for sharing these pictures....too cute!

Reply
avatar
Paula
AUTHOR
12:59 PM delete

Oh, I loved mine as well. Good memories.

Reply
avatar
sean
AUTHOR
1:11 PM delete

1984 was obviously one of the best years the 20th century saw...

your parents should have been talking to ours - i think we got ours a lot later...or was that pat's teddy ruxpin...hmm

Reply
avatar
Dana Marie
AUTHOR
2:07 PM delete

I HAD THE SAME ONE! -I think, I remember she had the brown hair but I don't think it lasted too long in perfect pigtails before I played hair dresser... haha!

Reply
avatar
Liz
AUTHOR
3:26 PM delete

Those pictures are great! Brings back memories for me. I have a picture of my sister and I (I think we may have gotten ours that Christmas also). I had the same one as you and my sister had a light haired one. Fun times! :)

Thanks for sharing!

Reply
avatar
Christine
AUTHOR
6:46 PM delete

You know what I noticed first in the picture? Grammie's floor. I'll never forget that multi-colored, hard, cold floor. Oh, how I miss it!

Reply
avatar
Elise
AUTHOR
8:11 PM delete

Oh, I remember my first Cabbage Patch doll! It was a preemie - no hair! I loved that thing...I still have it somewhere. I wonder if Eliana would like it?
These pictures are adorable!!!

Reply
avatar
Haley Anderson
AUTHOR
12:19 PM delete

I dont know where you get Devyn looks nothing like you?! She is for sure your girl!

Reply
avatar
Wendy
AUTHOR
3:57 PM delete

Ahh, these are so cute!...makes me miss my sisters.

Reply
avatar
Perdy
AUTHOR
8:06 AM delete

This is great info to know.

Reply
avatar