Ode to This Week

Friday, November 09, 2007 5 Comments A+ a-

He kissed us good-bye
and wished us well.
Five days he was gone,
left to fend for ourselves.

Tears were cried
and feelings were soothed,
Into the car and
off to Nana’s we moved.

With a quick kiss and a hug,
I was out the door.
Ready to face
the employees and their roar.

Open Enrollment in progress,
insurance to decide.
Questions to answer
and decisions to guide.

Employees irate, confused,
and upset;
Unwilling to listen;
often saying, “I just forget.”

After much hair pulling
and grimacing abound,
I pick up the kids
and we’re soon homebound.

Scrambling after Hudson
and dinner to be fed,
Story time commences
and prayers were said.

A kiss good-night,
lights turned out.
I collapse on the couch,
trying to avoid burnout.

One day down,
four more to go.
Upon his arrival,
a smile I’ll bestow.

Come Saturday morning,
asleep I will be.
Once again I’ll be fun,
energetic, loving, carefree.

This week was hard;
there is no doubt.
A two parent household,
is what this family is all about.

Welcome home babe; you were most definitely missed! And yes... it is my turn to sleep in tomorrow…

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

5 comments

Write comments
2:35 PM delete

LOL! Sounds like you had quite a week! I don't know where your hubby went, but I'm glad he's back home again for you :)

Reply
avatar
Just Me
AUTHOR
8:32 PM delete

Hehe! Glad you made it through! Welcome home Jon! Let her sleep!

Reply
avatar
Amy
AUTHOR
9:53 PM delete

You are so good!! How do you write like this...and why aren't you paid for this kind of work? :)

I don't envy you for your week, Jenn. I hope you are enjoying the sweetness of having your hubby home! love, Amy

Reply
avatar
Overwhelmed!
AUTHOR
9:58 PM delete

Jenn, you're a poet and I didn't even know it. :) Glad to hear your hubby is back home! Hope you get that sleep in.

So, while I'm here I wanted to let you know that, just in time for the holidays, I’m hosting a Hot Deals for a Cool Christmas information exchange. Please stop by and check out the details!

Reply
avatar
Liz
AUTHOR
1:29 PM delete

You really are a good writer! :)

I hope you enjoyed your wekend, and that you were able to sleep in.

Reply
avatar