Misc. Weekend Moments

Saturday, November 24, 2007 13 Comments A+ a-

Guess who we caught coloring on the wall? And guess who was happily encouraging him? We knew something was up when Devyn started whispering and laughing. LOL! Oh well, at least its behind our dining room table.

I finally finished Devyn's stocking and I couldn't be happier about it. Whew! One down and one to go. Do you see those sequins on there? Each were hand-sewn by yours truly. I may have to count how many there are when I do Hudson's stocking... NAH!

And now I leave you with a fun video of our troublesome twosome. They seriously play like this for hours on end. [You can also see the scribbled wall in the lower, left-hand corner of the screen.]

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

13 comments

Write comments
7:36 PM delete

LOL! At least you caught him at it early on :) When Cosette decided to color her bedroom wall, she did a whole third of it before I caught her! I've been weeks trying to figure out how to scrub that stuff off :(

Reply
avatar
CPT Mom
AUTHOR
11:15 PM delete

Magic erasers work wonders!!

Reply
avatar
9:46 AM delete

Yes, Magic Eraser is your best friend during this stage!!! It will get every bit of crayon off! Just do it soon!

Reply
avatar
Wendy
AUTHOR
1:17 PM delete

I was just going to say to use the Magic eraser too, but looks like other moms love it too. That thing has saved my walls several times!

Reply
avatar
Kati
AUTHOR
10:25 PM delete

The stocking looks great! Way to take on such a rewarding project in the end!

...and yes, the crayon on the wall is oh too familiar!

Reply
avatar
3:59 AM delete

Love the stocking.
You are very crafty, I wish I could make treasured keepsakes.

I love 1st scribbles on walls...I am not keen on #2+ though LOL

Reply
avatar
9:12 AM delete

The stocking is adorable! lol, too funny how kids have fun with crayons.

Reply
avatar
Sarah
AUTHOR
9:38 AM delete

Yep, the magic eraser will get it out in seconds, just wet it, squeeze it out, and you're ready to go. That stocking is adorable my friend, great work!
Love, Sarah

Reply
avatar
10:54 AM delete

I guess magic eraser wins...I also read in a Real Simple magazine that a piece of bread folded and smeared on the wall gets it out too! I haven't tried it yet! Love you and can't wait to see you in 3 weeks!

Reply
avatar
Paula
AUTHOR
10:56 AM delete

Oh yea! Magic Eraser for sure.

Those are just the beginnings of those little two getting into things. So much fun!!

Reply
avatar
Amy
AUTHOR
3:04 PM delete

I'm actually so impressed by Hudson's artwork! I'm pretty sure Griffin would only eat a crayon and we'd find artwork in his diaper:)

I love to watch Devyn with her Bobo. I can tell they have such a bond already.

And your sewing!! My goodness, you have become a crafty mama! It looks so intricate...nice work!

love you...Amy

Reply
avatar
Christine
AUTHOR
8:12 PM delete

Oh! I love their sweet little voices. I love the way they smile at eachother and enjoy being around eachother too. I hope that bond stays strong as they grow. The stocking looks amazing. Great job! You've inspired me to make stockings (not this year though).

Reply
avatar
Patriot
AUTHOR
8:56 PM delete

They are way too cute!

Hi! I just wanted to let you know about my blog. I host a new giveaway every Monday. Come check it out! Thanks!!

Reply
avatar