I'm Thankful

Wednesday, November 21, 2007 6 Comments A+ a-



  • There is something magical about fresh-fallen snow; it beckons like a moth to a flame. I'm thankful for the look of glee on Devyn's face as she proclaims "nits no-wing". I'm thankful for the pink bite on her nose and cheeks as she comes in from playing in the snow.


  • There is something comforting about coming in from the cold and sitting by a fire. I'm thankful for our home; for the shelter over our heads and the fireplace that completes our living room. I'm thankful for the opportunity to snuggle together in front of the flames.


  • There is something enchanting about the holiday season; the lights, the music, the spirit. I'm thankful to live in a country where I can freely celebrate the birth of our Christ. I'm thankful for the kind smiles and warm wishes from perfect strangers in the stores at this time of year.


  • There is something heartwarming about sharing a life with someone. I'm thankful for a husband that knows me so intimately, better than anyone else on this earth, and yet still chooses to love me day in and day out. I'm thankful for his heart, his love.


  • There is something breathtaking about becoming a mother. I'm thankful for the moments that happen every day that I have to stop and take a breath because I am so awed that God will bless me with these beautiful babes. I'm thankful for the word "Mama".


  • There is something exhilarating about getting online and seeing messages in my inbox. I'm thankful for the family and friends that take the time to send me an email, to catch up on each other's lives. I'm thankful for the men and women who take the time to leave me a message on my blog. I'm thankful for the family and friends that offer me encouragement, support, and love on a daily basis. I'm thankful for the internet, the opportunity to connect with Christian women all over the world.


  • There is something mind-blowing about a God that would sacrifice something so important to save me! I'm thankful for a God that would send His son to give me life. I'm thankful for a loving God, a God that knows my every thought before I have thought it. I'm thankful for a God that sends me just the right message, the right scripture, the right person, to calm my anxious heart. I'm thankful for a God that will listen to my fears and send the perfect response to keep my eyes on Him. I'm thankful for a God that would send me all of these blessings in my life; I am far from worthy of such wonderful gifts!

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

6 comments

Write comments
Amy
AUTHOR
11:50 PM delete

So beautiful!

I'm thankful for you, Jenn:)

Reply
avatar
LPDraper
AUTHOR
12:15 AM delete

Very well said...

Happy Thanksgiving to your family!

Reply
avatar
Christina
AUTHOR
10:42 AM delete

Beautiful thankful list! You made me cry!!!! Happy tears of coure.
:-)

I'm thankful for you!!!! ((HUGS))

Reply
avatar
Paula
AUTHOR
6:30 AM delete

AMEN!!

Thank you for the Christmas playlist. I love Christmas music.

Reply
avatar
Dana Marie
AUTHOR
9:10 AM delete

once again, beautifully written Jenn!

Reply
avatar
3:57 AM delete

Jen
You always manage to sum everything up so perfectly.
Happy Thanksgiving

Reply
avatar