Oh Happy Day!

Friday, October 12, 2007 16 Comments A+ a-

Life is good…

Our baseball team, the Colorado Rockies, won their first game in the Championship series, against the Arizona Diamondbacks. This is an awesome winning streak and I can’t wait to watch the second game tonight. As Dana said: “Real men wear purple”. Go Rox!


Then in less than 24 hours, I get to meet this beautiful, warm, wonderful person in person. Amy and her family will be here for a week. I am so looking forward to meeting her, her beautiful boys, and her hubby. And a coffee date to Starbucks is most definitely in order.


And then last, but most certainly not least, I had an appointment with my supervisor this morning and…









…wait for it…









… I get to start working part-time! Do you know how happy and thrilled I am?! I am over the moon, I can’t stop smiling, and as another coworker said, I’m fairly glowing with excitement. It won’t start until the Thanksgiving week because we need to get past a very hectic, very busy Open Enrollment season at work and it’s the start of a new pay period BUT it is going to happen! I am so looking forward to having mornings with my babies.

Life is good indeed!

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

16 comments

Write comments
Amy
AUTHOR
12:55 PM delete

Life IS good!!! So happy about your work situation, Jenn. And really happy about tomorrow:)

love, Amy

Reply
avatar
LPDraper
AUTHOR
1:39 PM delete

PRAISE GOD! What a wonderful answer to prayer!! I am so excited for you.

And... say Hello to Amy for me! It's been a few years since I've seen her in person too! :)

Lindsey

Reply
avatar
2:46 PM delete

How exciting!! I am so happy for you! I bet you can't wait now for Thanksgiving week to get here :)

Reply
avatar
HappyMama
AUTHOR
2:52 PM delete

I know you'll just love having those hours with your two precious babes each morning! What a treasure!!!

And, GO ROCKIES!!!!!!! =)

Reply
avatar
crystal
AUTHOR
3:46 PM delete

Ohhh Congratulations on your achievement at work. I love being a stay at home mom and would hate to know what you are going through. It is a blessing to be able to spend time with our babies. I hope you enjoy every minute of it.

Prayers and Blessings
Crystal

Reply
avatar
Christina
AUTHOR
6:13 PM delete

Congrats on part time!!!!! That's awesome news!!!! :-D

Reply
avatar
O Mama Mia
AUTHOR
6:47 PM delete

Mkay I got nada for ya regarding baseball. Apologies. ;)
But... WOOOHHHOOOOO!!!! Praise God! I've so been praying for you about work! SWEEEEETTT!!!!

Reply
avatar
Just Me
AUTHOR
7:10 PM delete

Oh Jenn! Look how thoughtful is! I am so thrilled! Praise God!

Reply
avatar
Org Junkie
AUTHOR
7:47 PM delete

Congratulations Jenn! What will your new hours be? What a blessing!

Reply
avatar
Liz
AUTHOR
10:02 PM delete

Oh WOW! Jen, that is so wonderful. I am so excited for you. What an answer to prayer!

Hope you have a great time with Amy and her family. I'm sure you all will have a blast! :)

Reply
avatar
7:05 AM delete

That's WONDERFUL!!! Glad you are having such a great day!!! GOD IS GOOD!!!!!

Blessings,

Julie

Reply
avatar
Jenn
AUTHOR
8:02 AM delete

YEAHHHHHHHHHH!

I work part time and it's the best of both worlds. Enjoy!

Jenn

Reply
avatar
Dana Marie
AUTHOR
8:31 AM delete

horray for the Rockies and YAY for you getting to work part time!! this is VERY good news, congratulations Jenn!! :)

Reply
avatar
Joy
AUTHOR
7:24 PM delete

Wonderful, wonderful news!

Reply
avatar
proud parents
AUTHOR
7:56 PM delete

Congratulations! I am so excited for you!!

Reply
avatar
Rachelle G.
AUTHOR
9:30 PM delete

Congrats on the part-time!

And hey, I didn't realize you were a Colorado girl, too. Go Rockies! (At least we have something to distract us from our poor, sad football team.)

Reply
avatar