Happy 2-Years to Me!

Thursday, October 04, 2007 14 Comments A+ a-

I just realized that I had a blogging-versary (or however you want to call it) yesterday. It really crept up on me; I had no idea until I decided to go back and look at my old blog, and realized that my very first post was written two years ago. Have I really been blogging for that long already?!

There’s been some hard lessons on this road of blogging, some moments that really caused me to stop and ponder why I blog, do I want to continue, and ponder whether this is a healthy outlet for me. In all honesty, as much as I say it’s to keep family and friends updated on our lives, I really blog for myself. This has become an online journal of sorts, a way to document this journey I’m on. And ever since I deleted my sitemeter account, I have felt even freer. I’m no longer worrying about what others think, I’m no longer blogging for any readers; I’m blogging for my enjoyment, for myself, and it has become a much healthier habit.

I have been surprised (happily) by the community of Christian women that I have found, and who have found me. I love that we’re using the internet in a way to encourage one another, offer guidance and wisdom, and as God intended His children to be. “As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.” Proverbs 27:17 I love reading the posts of mothers who have been there, who have experience on their side, and I glean all the wisdom and encouragement that they offer. I love reading the posts of women who are in the same place of life as I, to feel comfort and reassurance that I am not alone. And if I can be of any help to others, I ask that God would use my words, posts, and thoughts to do that. This is a wonderful community, one that I feel truly blessed to have found. You are all so incredibly special to me, even if I don’t always find time to leave comments on your site. Please know that I think of you often, I have come to our Father on your behalf, and I look forward to the day that I get to meet you face-to-face, either on this earth or in the ever-after.

Two years of blogging and I’m amazed at how far God has brought me, in my spiritual walk with Him, as a wife and mother, and as a friend. It is a privilege to share this journey with you all.

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

14 comments

Write comments
Just Me
AUTHOR
10:42 AM delete

Happy Blog-iversary!

You're getting old!

Glad I've met you and I can call you friend. I can't wait to meet you too!

Reply
avatar
Christina
AUTHOR
11:15 AM delete

Happy Anniversary!!!!! :-)

Reply
avatar
Mike
AUTHOR
11:50 AM delete

Happy anniversary to you, and it's a privilege to visit your blog. Always.


Mike
http://somethingaboutparenting.typepad.com/

http://www.mikeleonen.com/

Reply
avatar
V
AUTHOR
12:07 PM delete

Your blog is beautiful. Congrats on two years!

Reply
avatar
HappyMama
AUTHOR
12:46 PM delete

YEA!! Congrats, Jenn!

As you know, you're the one that inspired me to start my own blog, and I have always found comfort in reading your blog. There's always something to be said about how open and honest you are through life's good times and bad or struggling times. I love how real you are, not just here but in real life. You are truly a gift from God!

Here's to 2 more years, my dear friend!!
Love you, Missy

Reply
avatar
Katy
AUTHOR
1:49 PM delete

Happy Blogiversary to Youuuuuu!!!! I am so glad you are able to vent and all on your blog! I am glad i found your blog to read and I hope you have a wonderful thursday! :)

Reply
avatar
Wendy
AUTHOR
2:23 PM delete

Happy Anniversary.

Love the new picture of Hudson to the right. Your kids are adorable!

Reply
avatar
Tashasc30
AUTHOR
6:59 PM delete

Happy Anniversary

and love visiting!happy thursday

Reply
avatar
O Mama Mia
AUTHOR
7:09 PM delete

WOO HOO!!! Happy Blogiversary! Oh how I remember "back in the day"... ;)
Blog on, girl!

Reply
avatar
Amy
AUTHOR
9:22 PM delete

Yeah! Happy two years:) I'm so thankful you share your heart with us on this blog. We are so blessed! You are a beautiful writer and your honesty has touched so many, I'm sure. Thank you, my friend! Much love, Amy

Reply
avatar
Paula
AUTHOR
1:20 PM delete

I am so glad you do blog and that I found you. Thank you for sharing!

Reply
avatar
Laura
AUTHOR
8:55 AM delete

Congrats, Jenn! Your honesty and openness are fearless. I really appreciate that about you. Here's my vote for many more years of blogging!

Reply
avatar
7:23 PM delete

Happy blog Birthday!

May there be many more to come!

Reply
avatar
Elise
AUTHOR
6:47 PM delete

I had so much fun early Saturday morning reading through your old blog! I never knew it existed - I came along when Munchkin Land was up and running! You are right - much has happened, and you have grown. So beautifully. And it is a privilege to walk with you as well, my friend.

Reply
avatar