Game #1

Wednesday, October 24, 2007 7 Comments A+ a-


After spending two hours online yesterday, hoping to grab some World Series tickets and being denied (stupid online, lottery system), we are gearing up for Game 1 tonight. We’re going to turn on the fireplace, lay aside the laundry and dishes, and cuddle up under some blankets to watch the game as a family. I’m sure Devyn will lose interest shortly, and Hudson will fall asleep by the end of the third inning, but it’s the thought and effort that count.

Go Rockies!

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

7 comments

Write comments
HappyMama
AUTHOR
12:32 PM delete

Go Rockies!!!!!! I can't wait for the game!!!

Reply
avatar
Amy
AUTHOR
4:02 PM delete

Oh, it sounds so fun! I'm going to become a Colorado girl this month:) We just might do the same thing tonight!

Reply
avatar
Rachelle G.
AUTHOR
4:51 PM delete

Cuddling up with the fireplace and some blankets sounds like the very best way to watch the game! (Who needs tickets anyway.) Have fun tonight, I know I will.

P.S. Thanks for giving me the tip about Crowned in Peace. It was well-worth the click-over.

Reply
avatar
Sarah
AUTHOR
8:21 PM delete

I admire your enjoyment of this exciting time for our home team! Wish I was more of a sportsfan, watching them I mean. I LOVE to play, just get bored watching unless there's someone I know personally playing. But sounds like a fun family evening.
Love ya!

Reply
avatar
Paula
AUTHOR
7:12 AM delete

Todd Helton, first basemen, is from here in our home town. He grew up here and went to UT (Tennessee). Love it went the locals do well. I guess that is why I am now a Colts fan...Peyton Manning!!!

Go Rockies!!!

Reply
avatar
HappyMama
AUTHOR
8:10 AM delete

Speaking of Todd Helton, we found out he's our neighbor living less than 2 miles from our home. How cool is that!?!

Reply
avatar
3:50 PM delete

Go Rockies!!! I know it doesn't look good but I really, really hope they pull it off!

Hugs!!

Reply
avatar