Everything Fall

Monday, October 29, 2007 12 Comments A+ a-

I’ve dusted off the Christmas card list, been captivated by the holiday displays in the store, found myself humming some Christmas carols under my breath, I’ve even bought a couple of Christmas decorations for the house, which are sitting proudly on my dining room table. But then I realize that it’s still October and I have to reign myself in; I’m too easily distracted by the magic that is Christmas time.

And so, I immersed myself in all things fall this weekend. I made ginger snap cookies, the fragrance of molasses and cinnamon permeated the house. We snuggled up next to the fire, wrapped up in blankets. Hudson and I chilled on the couch, moving little while watching a movie. I bundled up Devyn and let her wander outside with Daddy and Papa as they worked on our landscaping. The bite to the air was crisp, turning Devyn’s nose and cheeks red from the cold. And then later on Saturday night, we all sat down in front of the TV to root for our Colorado Rockies. It mattered not that we lost, especially when we enjoyed the company of family and toasted with Kahlua’s Mud Slides.

Then on Sunday the chill gave way to clear skies and warm weather, a perfect day to head to the pumpkin patch and the all-important job of selecting the ideal pumpkins to grace our porch. It was deliciously warm outside; we trooped through the pumpkins sans jackets or hats. I was able to take many pictures of the children amidst the sea of orange and we happily selected our three precious pumpkins. Last night, with the ball game playing in the background, we lovingly carved our pumpkins. Devyn squealed in glee upon touching the yucky, orange goop and Hudson decided that pumpkins taste delicious, thereby sucking on anything pumpkin or pumpkin-related.



All in all, it was a weekend to cherish.

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

12 comments

Write comments
Courtney
AUTHOR
1:20 PM delete

Hudson is starting to look like such a little boy!

Reply
avatar
Sarah
AUTHOR
1:48 PM delete

Fun, fun, fun! We're carving our pumpkins tonight. I'm going to bake the seeds too, we LOVE baked pumpkin seeds!
Love you!

Reply
avatar
crystal
AUTHOR
2:08 PM delete

Jenn Your kids are so adorable. You are so blessed. sounds like yall had a fun weekend.

Blessings
Crystal

Reply
avatar
O Mama Mia
AUTHOR
2:14 PM delete

We did the pumpkin patch this weekend too! But we've yet to get carving. Better hurry, no??
I especially adore the one pic of looking so perplexed. Because, you know, choosing the perffffect pumpkin is truly so hard! ;)

Reply
avatar
4:36 PM delete

Oh my goodness - I just read your 5 Senses post and it was beautiful! Thank you for reminding me of the tangible joys our kids bring!!!!

Reply
avatar
Just Me
AUTHOR
9:05 PM delete

How precious! Sweet, sweet, sweet!
Hope all is well with you my friend.

Reply
avatar
Jennisa
AUTHOR
9:50 PM delete

It floors me how much Hudson looks like Devyn! HOLY COW! You sure have a couple cuties on your hands!!!

Reply
avatar
Amy
AUTHOR
10:10 PM delete

I tend to get a bit ahead of the seasons...just so excited! Your pictures are just beautiful. You captured some sweet moments. Weird, but your slide show made me miss you and wish that we could spend those kinds of days together...:)

Reply
avatar
proud parents
AUTHOR
8:03 AM delete

I absolutely love this time of year. Of course, we have just now dropped into the 70s, but the weather has been perfect! I love Christmas time and can't wait to decorate. The pictures of your kids at the pumpkin patch are absolutely adorable. I can't believe how big Hudson is getting!

Reply
avatar
Christina
AUTHOR
8:44 AM delete

Beautiful pics! Thanks for sharing them!!! :-)

Reply
avatar
Laura
AUTHOR
11:43 AM delete

Lovely autumn pictures. So glad you gave fall a fightin' chance before Christmas takes it all over.

Reply
avatar
Joy
AUTHOR
9:06 PM delete

We love fall and pumpkins here but I too cannot wait for Christmas!

Reply
avatar