I'm Leaving on a Jet Plane

Friday, September 07, 2007 13 Comments A+ a-

(I guess it would help if I got the title of the song correct the first time, huh?!)

Do you remember when I mentioned this trip in May? Well, the time has come and our flight leaves this afternoon. Right now, its just after midnight and I'm waiting for the last load to dry so I can finish packing. All I can think about is that soon we'll be visiting here...



... to watch this childhood friend marry her best friend.

And there's also been a slight change of plans. Jon and I are going to the wedding ALONE. That's right, after my mini-breakdown a few weeks ago, we decided that we desperately needed some time alone. So my mother-in-law has graciously offered to take the kids for the two days we'll be in Florida. Thank you! I'm looking forward to some time alone with Jon.

See you all later... The beach is calling my name!

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

13 comments

Write comments
Org Junkie
AUTHOR
7:39 AM delete

Have an amazing time!!

Reply
avatar
HappyMama
AUTHOR
8:32 AM delete

Have a WONDERFUL time!! Enjoy the beach.

Reply
avatar
Christina
AUTHOR
11:08 AM delete

That's awesome!!!! Alone time with hubby is always great. Have a great trip! Can't wait to read all about it...make sure to take lots of pics!!!! :-)

Reply
avatar
Stacey
AUTHOR
1:46 PM delete

Well-deserved mini-vacay for you & your Beloved!!! I hope you dance the night away with him and wake up in the morning REFRESHED in EVERY way!

Love ya!

Reply
avatar
3:07 PM delete

Looks like an amazing place. Have a great time.


I'm new to your blog :)





Jillian

Reply
avatar
crystal
AUTHOR
4:32 PM delete

Have a great time! Be sure to give you MIL lots of thanks.

Praying for you
Crystal

Reply
avatar
Christine
AUTHOR
5:44 PM delete

Wow! Have fun (wink, wink)! What a special 2 days.

Reply
avatar
Jennisa
AUTHOR
9:12 PM delete

Well, I was over on another page (Amy oh My) and saw that it was your birthday! Is that true, and you didn't tell us?!

Have a super happy time! I hope the time with Jon seems like it lasts forever, but during the times you miss the kids, that it goes fast! Looking forward to pictures for sure!

Reply
avatar
Kati
AUTHOR
10:22 PM delete

Yeah for some alone time!!! I hope you have a great vacation!!!

Reply
avatar
Stacey
AUTHOR
11:58 AM delete

Oh, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Reply
avatar
dareth
AUTHOR
8:49 AM delete

I just got a beautiful picture from you of the beach. I hope that you guys are having a fabulous time. We all need a little "adult only" time...it's good for the soul.

I had such a great time with you...maybe our best visit ever...I miss you already.

Reply
avatar
Elise
AUTHOR
10:35 AM delete

Oh, have fun, my friend! Refresh...renew...rejoice!

Reply
avatar
Katy
AUTHOR
10:03 AM delete

oh my gosh..i hope you had a wonderful time!!!! :)

Reply
avatar