Cook-Out

Monday, September 03, 2007 9 Comments A+ a-

24 hours of cleaning, cooking, and preparing,
9 family members helping,
8 2-liter bottles of soda,
5 cheese potatoe casseroles,
3 barbeque grills,
2 canopies,
1 15-gallon keg of Sunshine Wheat beer,

and

50 - 60 family and friends = one heck of a fun house-warming party!

Yesterday, Jon and I had our house-warming party and we had a wonderful time to say the least. Numerous family and friends made the trip up to our house (which isn't exactly down the street) to help us celebrate this momentous occasion. It was great to see old friends, new friends, and family; our only complaint was that we didn't get to spend as much one-on-one time with everyone as we wanted.

Normally, this kind of event, this big of a party, stresses me out BIG time, to the point, that even as I'm barking orders to Jon, I cringe inside at my tone. But my family is awesome and really helped out a ton. So, a BIG thanks to Aunt Debbie, Uncle Grant, Grandpa, Dareth, Kristen, Sue, Allison, Drew, and of course, Mom. You guys are incredible!

Jon and I realize how truly blessed we are to have so many in our lives that love and care for us. Thank you for coming out to celebrate with us, you made it very special!

(And that 15-gallon keg? Not even close to empty!)

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

9 comments

Write comments
Christina
AUTHOR
6:41 PM delete

Sounds like it was one fun party!!!! :-) So glad you had an awesome time!

Reply
avatar
6:55 PM delete

What a lovely way to christen your new home.
I am so please that you all had a good time.

Reply
avatar
My Name: Mary
AUTHOR
7:03 PM delete

Sounds like lots of fun - and yay! for the left over beer! heheheh

Reply
avatar
Jennisa
AUTHOR
9:18 PM delete

That sure does sound like a great time! So nice that your family and friends could celebrate such a great time in your lives! I hope us ladies in bloggie world get to see some photos of your big shin-dig! :)

Reply
avatar
9:33 PM delete

Sounds like it was a fun party! How very blessed you are to have so many friends and family to celebrate with! The pictures of your new house look beautiful, by the way. I'm so glad you are now happily settled in :)

Reply
avatar
crystal
AUTHOR
6:26 AM delete

I am so glad you guys had a good time. Its always nice to have a get together everyonce in a while. It always refreshes me to get to visit with family and friends. Hope you are doing better with everything.

Prayers
Crystal

Reply
avatar
Amy
AUTHOR
7:52 AM delete

Jenn...so glad that it went well! I was thinking of you and hoping to find an update. I wish we could have joined you! And thank goodness for those helpers:)

Reply
avatar
Liz
AUTHOR
9:27 PM delete

How wonderful to be able to celebrate how God has blessed you, with friends and family. Sounds like it was a great time.

Reply
avatar
Dana
AUTHOR
10:10 AM delete

YAY--glad to hear you enjoyed the party! bummed I just barely missed it... I promise I would have helped and been a champ with that wheat beer. ;-)

Reply
avatar