We are home!

Tuesday, August 28, 2007 12 Comments A+ a-

Before you turn your attention to the photos of the new house, I want to share with you a post that Jaime wrote last night. Please check it out here. This post exemplifies how I feel about a home.

After all, a house is just a building. It’s the memories, the love, the grace, the forgiveness, and the hope that builds a home. I wrote about my hopes for our home in October of last year. We have merely been given the means, a house, to create our home and haven. We are truly blessed.



Boxes are getting unpacked, things are finding their rightful place, and we are becoming settled in our new place. It has truly become “home” to me and I find myself in awe on a daily basis that we are now homeowners. The kids are adjusting well; Hudson is fine as long as Jon, Devyn, and I are around and Devyn is finally referring to our place as “my house”. Jon has been busy with project after project and is currently trying to get our fence built. We plan to bring our furry family members (aka: the dogs, Jackson and Grady) home this weekend. It’ll be wonderful to have them with us again. We’re having a barbeque on Sunday and are looking forward to celebrating with family and friends. (Its times like these that I wish my blogging friends could join us for a night of fun, food, and laughter.)

We are home… finally!

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

12 comments

Write comments
Amy
AUTHOR
3:06 PM delete

I'm so, so glad things are starting to feel like home for you! And it sure is a beautiful one...love it!

I bet you have spent a good amount of time rocking your babies in that rocker--so sweet!

love, Amy

Reply
avatar
Wendy
AUTHOR
4:00 PM delete

Wow, you've been busy. It looks GREAT! I'm glad you are feeling like it is home and Devyn is too now. Wish I could come celebrate at your BBQ. Hope you have a good time!

Reply
avatar
4:37 PM delete

Beautiful place! Can't wait to see it! Reading about your house gets me all excited about being a homeowner. Don't know if you heard, but our offer was accepted!

Reply
avatar
Overwhelmed!
AUTHOR
5:50 PM delete

Rats, I can't see the pics in the slide show. Maybe it's my computer at work. I'll try again at home.

Glad to hear the unpacking is going well and you're getting settled in your new home!

Reply
avatar
Elise
AUTHOR
10:07 PM delete

Oh, Jenn - tears are in my eyes right now! I haven't had time - and my internet hasn't been working very well yet - to comment and read much, but I managed to see your slide show AND hear the sweet music behind it... and I am so happy for you. I am so happy you are *home*!
My hubby came up behind me and rubbed my shoulders as I sniffled in happiness for you, and I must admit, a little bit of sadness for me, for I so long for a home of our own... it's been over two years for us.
I see by scanning over your other pieces that you have struggled lately with some other pretty serious things, and so now I am praying for you to be lifted by the buoyancy of His blessings - that a constant reminder of your physical, present comfort is overshadowed even more by His marvelous gift of Jesus!
Love you! Lots of hugs headed your way right this moment! :)

Reply
avatar
Susan
AUTHOR
5:01 AM delete

This is a lovely house. I cannot tell you how it makes a longing in my husband's heart to see big houses in Colorado. It is his dream to have a house in the US and play football with his son in a grassy backyard with a view of the mountains. I think my mom lives near you when I look out your windows, could be wrong. I love Germany, but sometimes long for Colorado.

Reply
avatar
Mike
AUTHOR
5:43 AM delete

Lovely. You'll have great memories here.


Mike
http://somethingaboutparenting.typepad.com/

Reply
avatar
crystal
AUTHOR
9:20 AM delete

I like the house!! I am so glad things are coming together for you. I love Devyns bedroom. My daughters would absolutely have a ball!

Crystal

Reply
avatar
Liz
AUTHOR
9:22 AM delete

I love the pictures of your house! You have a beautiful home.

I am so glad that things are starting to feel more like home to you. It will be so wonderful to build precious memories in your new place.

Reply
avatar
Stacey
AUTHOR
11:14 AM delete

hi sweetie!! It is truly a haven - and a beautiful one at that!!
Thanks be to God for His mighty provision for your little family!

Love you!
I also wish I could be at that BBQ!!!

Reply
avatar
Sarah
AUTHOR
8:02 PM delete

I am impressed Jenn! You guys have more things on the walls then Trav and I did after just a couple weeks! I too have the paint itch, BAD! I have decided on my living room accent wall and kitchen color, then I hope to create a little girly haven for Emma and Chloe and a nursery for, hopefully, a new little one. Fall/winter projects, time and money, oh how I wish their were more of both for home decorating. But I'm so glad you are settling in! I do plan on coming out sometime soon, just me, for a nice visit. What does next week look like for you?
Love, Sarah

Reply
avatar
Kati
AUTHOR
9:44 AM delete

Your home is beautiful! The feeling of finally being in, and getting things settled is amazing isn't it!!

Wish we could join you for the BBQ...what a fun celebration it will be for you all!

Congratulations!

Reply
avatar