Wanted: One Ark

Thursday, August 02, 2007 6 Comments A+ a-

After packing a few boxes tonight, we all sat down to relax in front of a movie. It was raining outside and a chill in the air; a perfect night for popcorn and Night at the Museum. It was so relaxing. Lightening would dance across the sky, thunder would chase after it, and the steady sound of rain pattered against the windows. Soothing would be the appropriate word here.

My sister, Courtney, got up to get a snack and asked if anyone was taking a shower, the sound of running water sure was loud. Jon jumped up from his place on the couch, nearly dropping Hudson in the process, and raced downstairs to our humble abode. We heard him shouting and Courtney and I trooped down the steps and landed in ankle-high water. Water was gushing in from the bottom of the frame of our window well. The water was collecting and was already at least half-way up the window.

Courtney and I raced into some old clothes and grabbed buckets to rush outside into the storm, in the hopes of emptying the water. Jon stayed downstairs, putting our moving boxes up off the floor. Alas, we did not make it outside in time. The window popped open and the water gushed in, just like the movies. We watched, helpless, as the water raced across the basement floor, ruiining everything in sight. We managed to get some stuff off the ground in time, but all of Devyn's books are completely ruined! Oh, I am so sad!

Right now, Jon and his dad are desperately trying to wet-vac the basement, clear it of the water. But regardless, mud and debris are still here. And oh, the smell. The smell of mud and mildew permeate the air. *Sigh* Seriously, where's an ark when you need one?!

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

6 comments

Write comments
dareth
AUTHOR
10:37 PM delete

Oh honey...this is awful!!!

I am so sorry!

Reply
avatar
Amy
AUTHOR
7:52 AM delete

Oh, dear...I must say, I think you have had one heck of a month or so. Ugh. So sorry! I hope you're doing okay! Love, Amy

Reply
avatar
Anonymous
AUTHOR
10:17 AM delete

So sorry to hear of this...but now is as good as time as any to let you know I have several books for Devyn that I have been meaning to send to you. I will start hunting for more for her and Hudson.

Colleen

Reply
avatar
LPDraper
AUTHOR
10:49 AM delete

Oh... I am so sorry! I know how sad Reagan would be if she lost her books. I'm praying for you guys and we would love to help... I'll send you an email.

Lindsey

Reply
avatar
Christina
AUTHOR
12:43 PM delete

I'm so sorry to hear that a lot of your things got damaged. But dare I say...at least you're moving soon???? Sorry...had to try to cheer you up. :-)

PS: Thanks for praying for me...it means more then you know. ((HUGS))

Reply
avatar
Stacey
AUTHOR
2:25 PM delete

Oh Sister!! I will pray for you!! pLease email me your address so I can send you something!!

Reply
avatar