Major Deja Vu

Sunday, August 05, 2007 6 Comments A+ a-

Miss Devyn Paige playing in her bug at 5 months old.


Mr. Hudson "Bobo" in the same bug at 5 1/2 months old.



When I was pregnant with Hudson, I prayed for a baby that would look just like me. It was obvious who Devyn belonged to (Jon) and I wanted to claim the same thing. However, in my prayers, I also asked that if that wasn't part of His plans, that Hudson and Devyn would look like siblings. That if strangers saw them together on the street they would *know* they belonged to eah other. Guess which prayer won out?!

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

6 comments

Write comments
2:49 PM delete

That's so cute :) My children don't really look much alike, except for their curly hair :)

Reply
avatar
Amy
AUTHOR
3:10 PM delete

Well, I think he definitely looks like his mama's son AND they look alike. Really! I love comparing pictures...they're adorable! love, Amy

Reply
avatar
proud parents
AUTHOR
9:38 PM delete

They both look adorable! Hudson looks much older than Devyn did at that age. It's amazing the difference between a boy and a girl.

Reply
avatar
Jennisa
AUTHOR
10:57 PM delete

I really think they look alike! I think it's so cute when siblings look alike. It will be fun to see how they grow and change!

Reply
avatar
Sarah
AUTHOR
7:54 AM delete

yes, they do look like syblings, but different too. And I still say Hudson looks more like you than Devyn does, but I guess we've all got our opinions. I often say, "Emma looks like Emma!" "Chloe looks like Chloe!" I just feel so blessed that God has entrusted me with their training and loving...no matter who they "look like", amen!

Love, Sarah

Reply
avatar
1:06 PM delete

They do look alike! But, never fear!!!! Everyone used to say that Joshua looked JUST LIKE Erik, and now most people say that he looks like me???? JCT is the spitting image of his father - no question. Sometimes I wonder if any of my DNA came through on that child. He is just like his Daddy in personality and looks!! And, Elijah, well, the jury is still out on him!!! I bet in a year or two people will begin saying that one of your children looks like you - maybe even both of them!!!!

Oh, and about your little flood. . . Could we have some of that rain???? Where I live there is such a drought!! I can't even remember the last time it rained!

Reply
avatar