Hold Me Jesus

Friday, August 17, 2007 7 Comments A+ a-

Hold Me Jesus
By: Rich Mullins; Big Daddy Weave

Sometimes my life just don’t make sense at all.
When the mountains look so big
and my faith just seems so small.

So hold me Jesus
‘cause I’m shaking like a leaf.
You have been King of my glory,
won’t you be my Prince of Peace?

When I wake up in the night, I feel the dark.
Its so hot inside my soul.
I swear there must be blisters on my heart.

So hold me Jesus
‘cause I’m shaking like a leaf.
You have been King of my glory,
won’t you be my Prince of Peace?

Surrender don’t come natural to me.
I’d rather fight you for something,
I don’t really want.
Than to take what you give, that I need.

And I’ve beat my head against so many walls.
I’m falling down, falling on my knees.
God, please.

And the Salvation Army band is playing this hymn.
And your grace rings out so deep.
It makes my resistance seem so thin.

So hold me Jesus
‘cause I’m shaking like a leaf.
You have been King of my glory,
won’t you be my Prince of Peace?

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

7 comments

Write comments
Stacey
AUTHOR
12:47 PM delete

Oh sweetie!! I am praying for you today! As I do my chores and continue to get settled from a summer away, I will be offering up my struggles for you and your peace, dear one.


Love you!!
{{{HUGS}}}

Reply
avatar
1:12 PM delete

I love this song. Praying for you today.

Reply
avatar
Dana Marie
AUTHOR
7:10 PM delete

the "somewhere over the rainbow" song on your blog was the song Justin and I were announced to as man and wife for the first time and walked down the aisle--it's always been a favorite. yay! I'm looking forward to seeing yall next week!

Reply
avatar
Laura
AUTHOR
1:57 AM delete

This is one of my favorite Rich Mullins songs.

Hold Jenn, Jesus, and hold her family, just like you are holding all of us.

Reply
avatar
7:47 AM delete

This is one of my favorite songs. Of course, I love Rich Mullins, so that is why! I'll have to listen to this version!! Fun!

Reply
avatar
8:07 AM delete

Welcome Home to your family! How wonderful!!!

Reply
avatar
Susan
AUTHOR
3:12 PM delete

Rich Mullins Rocks. I just stumbled onto your blog today. I saw pictures of mountains and wondered if you were located in CO. Maybe it is taboo to ask, but it made me feel nostolgic for my mountains when I saw the photo.

Reply
avatar