Counting My Blessings

Friday, August 10, 2007 11 Comments A+ a-

Oh my beautiful girls! Whenever I look at this picture, I can't help but think how incredibly lucky Sarah and I are. Emma and Devyn, do you know how much you have touched our lives? Do you know how we hope that you'll always remain this sweet, this pure, this innocent? We pray that you'll come to know God as your own personal, Lord and Savior. We pray that you come to know the sweetness and fulfillment of a true, deep friendship. We pray that you'll turn to each other for support and encouragement when peer pressure becomes too much. But most of all, we are just so thankful to be your mothers and for the privlege to watch you grow into the women God has called you to be!


There really isn't too much to say about this photo. The three people who have crowded my heart, who have made it so full and alive, that I will NEVER be the same.

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

11 comments

Write comments
Amy
AUTHOR
8:13 AM delete

What sweet blessings! I love the look on Hudson's face in that second one!

Thought of you this morning...woke up to flooding in the basement :) Backed up pipes-oh joy! love, Amy

Reply
avatar
HappyMama
AUTHOR
8:20 AM delete

How beautiful, Jenn! Wonderful photos. You really have a beautiful family.

Reply
avatar
Sarah
AUTHOR
9:34 AM delete

I love that photo of our girls! I echo everything you said about them! If only we could figure out a way to have them go to the same school. Although, maybe having a refuge away from the social circles at their school's will be a good thing, a neutral place to let down their guards and be that blessing that you and I get to be to one another. And your sleeping family, just beautiful!
Love, Sarah

Reply
avatar
11:18 AM delete

Precious, absolutely precious!

Reply
avatar
12:29 PM delete

Such sweet photos!!

Reply
avatar
Courtney
AUTHOR
12:34 PM delete

I LOVE that picture of Jon and the babies, I am really going to miss you guys when you move out. (Minus some stuff =))

Reply
avatar
1:07 PM delete

Well said, Jenn. Love the photos.

Reply
avatar
Jennisa
AUTHOR
10:32 PM delete

What a beautiful post Jenn!

Hope you're getting comfortable in your new home! WE WANT PHOTOS! :)

Reply
avatar
Liberty
AUTHOR
1:10 AM delete

God is so good! The pictures are precious!

Reply
avatar
Overwhelmed!
AUTHOR
11:50 PM delete

What fun pictures! I just love seeing pictures of Devyn and Hudson, they're such beautiful children. :)

Thanks for sharing!

Reply
avatar
7:56 PM delete

Oh, those are precious! I love the double (triple, quadruple!) blessing of friends whose kids are my children´s friends. Watching them grow up together is even more sweet! And I´m a sucker for any picture of Daddy with kids. Period.

Reply
avatar