8 Things Meme

Sunday, August 12, 2007 11 Comments A+ a-

Amanda (I prayed for you this morning, I hope it went well) tagged me for the meme regarding 8 things about yourself. This is the first time that I've had a chance to do something for myself, and I chose blogging! =)

  1. I am the oldest of four girls; not only are they my sisters, they are my best friends! Christine is the good one; she is just inherently good, the one we ALL look up to. (I did not say, however, that she was perfect!) Allison is the strong-willed and stubborn one; but it was that strong will that pulled her through her anorexia 8 years ago. I admire her persaverence. Courtney is the baby and the most loyal one. Once you befriend Courtney (or are a sister), she is there for you for life, through thick and thin. She has taught me some amazing things about being a good friend. And I... well, I'm the oldest, which means I'm the boss. (Seriously.) And I am bossy, over-bearing, and opinionated. Poor girls... they never stood a chance.

  2. I am living in complete chaos and I've decided that I really, really hate it. But as far as I'm concerned, as long as there are blinds, shades, or the like, and curtains on the windows, I feel some sense of accomplishment. [Laura, you would have a hay day with my house right now.]

  3. I tend to have a rebellious spirit, not something I'm particulary proud of, especially with the stories of my past. But it is something that I've learned to tame and something that I really can't let my guard down about. Sometimes I can go weeks with it rearing its ugly head, and sometimes its a daily struggle.

  4. I was the yearbook editor in high school, yes, I was THAT girl. But honestly, I loved every bit of it. Choosing themes, layouts, designs, the copy writing, the copy editting, and the finished product. Seriously, it would be a dream come true to get back into something like that.

  5. I am two years away from the big 3-0 and I'm freaking out! Seriously, give me 40 years old, 50 years old, or even 60 years old. None of those ages scare me a bit, but 30 gives me the willies. I think because I then have to say good-bye to my twenties and officially "grow" up.

  6. I am addicted to blogging, there I said it. [See, Courtney, I'm not afraid to admit it.] Its really, really bad. I've even got to the point where I can check blogs via my cell phone. NOT good. This may be something I have to work on very shortly, my family can only be ignored for so long.

  7. I absolutely hate cooking. In fact, while putting together our kitchen yesterday, my mom and aunt consulted with Jon where to put everything, not me! Just let me know where everything's located and I'm good to go. However, I do love baking and laundry.

  8. I used to play soccer, all through junior high and part of high school. I really, really miss the sport and would love to find an adult league in this area soon. I can't wait to see if this is a sport either Devyn or Hudson will pick up. I can't wait to be a soccer mom!

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

11 comments

Write comments
Wendy
AUTHOR
11:35 AM delete

I worked on my high school yearbook too. It was a great experience, I learned so much. Not to mention, having lots of reasons to get out of class.

30 was hard for me too for some reason. Now that I'm in the 30's though, I wouldn't go back to the 20's.

Reply
avatar
Christina
AUTHOR
1:20 PM delete

I enjoyed reading this list and getting to know you better. :-)

Reply
avatar
Mary
AUTHOR
1:24 PM delete

OMG! You check blogs from your cell phone?!?! Wow and my hubby thought I was bad! hehe He always says he'd get more attention if he would strap a monitor to himself. LOL!!!!!

Reply
avatar
Liberty
AUTHOR
3:24 PM delete

30 isn't so bad (I'm 31)! People consider you to be much wiser when you are not in your twenties anymore. :) I do wish that I could have had the knowledge, wisdom and maturity that I have at 31 when I was in my early 20s. I think some of my relationships would have been better. So you see, it is okay to get older! :)

Reply
avatar
6:19 PM delete

Oh my....soccer! I admire you for that--I'm afraid I have two left feet...and no coordination....and no strength....and no endurance...in other words, I made a lousy, lousy soccer player in high school!
And don't worry, your 'utter chaos' will be better soon--you just moved in! :)

Reply
avatar
Overwhelmed!
AUTHOR
11:35 PM delete

I sure enjoyed reading this post. :) I'm addicted to blogging too!

I have a favor to ask, please stop over and offer your input for my Name That Business contest!

Thanks!

Reply
avatar
Jenn
AUTHOR
8:23 PM delete

Great post, interesting read. Interesting about the rebelliousness.

You and your sisters are so beautiful by the way.

Jenn

Reply
avatar
Deidre
AUTHOR
7:50 AM delete

I pray I never figure out how to check blogs on my cell phone because then I will be hopeless. It's difficult enough for me to stay away from my computer while I'm at home.

How fortunate you are to have 3 sisters! Wow!

Reply
avatar
Amy
AUTHOR
8:24 AM delete

Jenn...this makes me so excited to meet you in person! Look at the calendar...getting close! love, Amy

Reply
avatar
Liz
AUTHOR
3:04 PM delete

Jen, I enjoyed reading your list. It's fun to get to know more about you.

I think I might be more adicted to blogging then I would care to admit! :) I didn't know however about the whole cell phone thing, hmmm...:)

Reply
avatar
Christine
AUTHOR
7:11 PM delete

Don't be scared of 30! I love my 30s even more than my 20s. I feel like I've achieved a bit of maturity that is well earned!

And I love cooking but not baking. It would be great if we lived nearby and could double up on all of our recipes and share!

Reply
avatar