Two Must Haves

Thursday, July 12, 2007 12 Comments A+ a-

I have recently found, and bought, two items that I just have to share with the rest of you. I realize that some of you aren’t mommies (yet), or are past the baby stage, but I still thought you’d enjoy reading about these items and maybe even buy them for the mommies in your life. Seriously, I don’t know what I’d do without either of these two things now.

The first is the Fisher-Price Space Saver Highchair. I was wandering through Target about a month ago and took a side-trip down the highchair aisle. I knew we were going to have to buy a new highchair for Hudson because Devyn’s chair just wasn’t going to fit in our tiny dining area of the new house. Sure enough, I found this beauty. It attaches to the chair that is already around your table! How awesome is that?! I finally convinced Mom to buy one for her house and we all (Mom, Hudson, and I) love it! I enjoy this chair so much more than the regular high chair we had for Devyn. Hudson enjoys being at the table with the rest of us, instead of off to the side; and everything still fits around the table. And the best part of this highchair? It’s about half the price of a regular one. *Highly Recommended*

The second item you’ve seen before in previous pictures on here. It’s the Ozark Trail Sun Cabana. Jon and I were wandering Walmart (yes, we wander a lot, we consider it our quality time) before Father’s Day and he saw this in the same aisle as the fishing supplies. Of course, we loved the idea but left it on the shelf. The day before Father’s Day, we were at Walmart again and Jon decided he wanted to buy this for our fishing trip. I am SO glad that we did. We have used it so much already and are planning to take it with us during our trip to Florida in September. It’s incredibly easy to set-up and tear-down; it affords us a bit of privacy in a crowded place, not to mention some shade; and offers a place for Hudson to sleep during his naps. We’ve used it both times at the local pool and have received so many comments on it. *Another High Recommendation*

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

12 comments

Write comments
Laura
AUTHOR
5:19 PM delete

That high chair looks awesome!

Reply
avatar
Org Junkie
AUTHOR
7:32 PM delete

I think they both look fantastic. Sun shade is so important. Thanks for the review!


Laura

Reply
avatar
Liz
AUTHOR
8:35 PM delete

I was so excited to see you reviewed that high chair. I have been wanting to get that one, but wondered if it was any good. My only question was, Is it easy to clean?

Thanks for the tips!

Reply
avatar
proud parents
AUTHOR
8:57 PM delete

Thanks for the recommendations. We may have to get my in-laws to get that high chair since they don't have one at their house. Also, I love the sun tent. Ava is so fair that we cannot take her out in the sun at all. We definitely need to invest in one of those.

Reply
avatar
9:04 PM delete

I agree about the whole high-chair thing--we started out with this big bulky high-chair for Cosette, but by the time Eli came along, he never sat in it! He has been in a booster at the table with us, and it's so much better :)

Reply
avatar
Jennisa
AUTHOR
6:34 AM delete

I also wanted that high chair! I just love it! I'd gladly trade mine in any day for that one!!!

Reply
avatar
The Artist
AUTHOR
6:35 AM delete

THose are cool! We got the chair that attches to any table so we take it every where we go.

I'd lvoe to hook up in September!

Reply
avatar
Sarah
AUTHOR
9:48 AM delete

cool must haves Jenn, we too love our space saver highchair for Emma. It turns into a booster seat later, which is what we use it for now. I've nominated you for the reflection award, go check it out!
Love, Me

Reply
avatar
HappyMama
AUTHOR
12:02 PM delete

That highchair does look amazing. It's so inventive. When we were shopping for Brooklyn's high chair, we found one for over $200. HELLO!! We have the best traveling booster seat that my mom got us at Target. It folds very small (will fit in our suitcase for Hawaii) and has straps to carry it with the diaper bag. It's my go-to item for when we are out at a restaurant. So much nicer than highchairs that everyone else's kid has sat in, which means less germs, and it's so easy to clean!

Reply
avatar
aggiejenn
AUTHOR
3:55 PM delete

Great products! We have a high chair that attaches to one of our chairs, too, and we love having Caleb at the table. I've registered for another one like that for this baby, too.

Reply
avatar
MamaEscandon
AUTHOR
5:12 PM delete

we have that highchair too and love it!

Reply
avatar
Sandy
AUTHOR
12:26 PM delete

I've been trying to find that exact same cabana. Walmart's website says that they no longer sell it online, and every Walmart I've called in my area says they don't have it! Do you know anywhere else that sells it???

Reply
avatar