In His Name

Thursday, July 19, 2007 8 Comments A+ a-

Please keep Marianne, her dad, and her family in your prayers. I previously mentioned him in this post, and I’ve talked about her before in this post, so she shouldn’t be that much of a stranger to you. I’ve been getting updates from Marianne in Germany and the news is NOT good.

First of all, they’ve received more information as to how the accident happened. Apparently her dad, Jay, was crossing the street, while a cement truck was stopped at the light. The driver did not see Jay and pulled forward. The good news is that two bystanders were able to yell at the driver to stop before the last five sets of wheels (the last five axles carrying the heaviest part of the truck) rolled over Jay. It is certainly a miracle that Jay is even alive at all.

However, on to the bad news. The doctors will not make a guarantee (how can they?) that Jay will keep his legs, let alone if he’ll ever gain use of them again. There are several breaks in each bone of his legs but the doctors don’t even care about those at this point. They are currently focusing on saving his muscles and skin before they can tackle the broken bones. The skin on his legs have either died or are dying. The right leg is better off, as there are no new dead spots on that leg and the skin is starting to heal. However, the left leg is bad, very bad. They have transferred Jay to the ICU of a burn unit in another hospital in Berlin. He is facing surgery tomorrow to remove the skin on his left leg and graft new skin on to it.

There is no time frame as to when Jay will be able to return to the States and no guarantee as to how long Marianne and her sister, Mindy, can stay with their mom and dad. They are also facing an uncertain future with finances and probably some major renovations to their house. *Sigh* My heart is so heavy for them right now. Please join me in praying for them all.

“Dear Father, I come to you on behalf of Marianne, Jay, and the family. I ask that you wrap all of them in your arms; that they will feel the peace that can only come from you! I pray that they will feel your presence and strength. I pray that they will be able to find rest and comfort in you, dear God. I pray that you will heal Jay and his legs. You are an almighty God, more powerful than we can comprehend, and you can perform miracles. Abba, I pray for that miracle now. Please provide wisdom to the doctors as they perform tomorrow’s surgery and any surgeries following that one. Please help the nurses and doctors to provide Jay with the best care; that they can offer grace, love, and support in ways that are tangible to the family. In your name, I pray for these things. Amen.”

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

8 comments

Write comments
HappyMama
AUTHOR
9:50 AM delete

Marianne, Jay and the Bodine family will be in my prayers. My heart goes out to them. Thank you for the update.

Reply
avatar
Paula
AUTHOR
11:08 AM delete

WOW! I am so sorry. I will remember them.
What is so great is I don't have to know them, God already does!!

Reply
avatar
proud parents
AUTHOR
12:42 PM delete

So sorry to hear he isn't doing well. I will definitely keep the family in my prayers.

Reply
avatar
12:44 PM delete

I'm so sorry to hear this news! But God can definitely work miracles! I'm praying with you!

Reply
avatar
Sarah
AUTHOR
2:07 PM delete

I'll be praying for physical healing, and that the Lord might reach their hearts and point them towards Christ during this trying time.
Love, Sarah

Reply
avatar
Elise
AUTHOR
9:07 PM delete

Oh, their hearts, Lord, cover their hearts with your peace. Bring them comfort.

I pray with you, friend.

Reply
avatar
AndiMae
AUTHOR
12:27 PM delete

I'm praying for your friends! Thank you for keeping us updated.

Reply
avatar
Amy
AUTHOR
1:05 PM delete

Praying for your friends...praying for you, Jenn.

Love, Amy

Reply
avatar