Reached My Limit

Saturday, July 07, 2007 14 Comments A+ a-

I am exhausted, both physically and emotionally, I can’t possibly have any more tears left in me. It’s Saturday and the only thing on our plate today is to stay home, relax, and try to recover from the week.

  • On Sunday, my aunt passed away.
  • Sometime between Tuesday night and early Wednesday morning, my wallet and camera were stolen.
  • Thursday was spent trying to replace my license, debit card, insurance cards, etc., calling banks, filing claims with insurances, and placing a fraud alert with the credit bureaus.
  • Yesterday was my aunt’s funeral and my sisters and I had to sing two songs during the service.
  • And then to top things off, one of my dear friend's** father was in a horrific car accident in another country and is currently in a medically-induced coma. After the funeral service, I spent time with her mom, as my friend and her sisters drove in from another state. They are currently in the process of obtaining emergency visas and buying plane tickets to get to their dad in Germany.

There are no words to describe this week; I feel I have reached my limit, as though I have nothing left to give. But somehow God, Jon, and the kids, keep me going. The week can only get better from here… right?

** I had to edit the above from best friend to dear friend because of this friend's post. I absolutely agree with what she said and that is why I came back to change it. Trust me, both friends will get it and understand! =)

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

14 comments

Write comments
Susie
AUTHOR
1:49 PM delete

Jenn, I'm so sorry to hear that you've had such a sad, difficult week. You are in my prayers. Know God is with you, holding you tight!

Reply
avatar
Wendy
AUTHOR
2:41 PM delete

I'm so sorry to hear about your week. I will be praying for you.

Reply
avatar
AndiMae
AUTHOR
3:24 PM delete

Sweet Jenn, I am so sorry that you have had such a rough week! I hope that this weekend brings you much needed rest and peace. I'm praying for you!

Reply
avatar
7:26 PM delete

Jenn,

So sorry to her you've had a terrible week! Hopefully it will be better soon.

Blessings, friend.

Reply
avatar
Lange Mom :o)
AUTHOR
7:33 PM delete

Dearest Jenn
God I truly feel for you. I understnad the sheer exhaustion, the news of my dear sister Jeanetee, the agony of your dear sweet friends father too. Rest child, rest.
I also just heard that your eye is bugging you now.
However, I want t otruly thank you for singing at JJ's Memorial along with your sisters. You three made it so special. Thank you thank you thank you!
Love you
Auntie Bernie

Reply
avatar
Haley
AUTHOR
8:27 PM delete

I love you Jenn.

Reply
avatar
dareth
AUTHOR
10:41 PM delete

I am so sorry.

Love you.

Reply
avatar
Overwhelmed!
AUTHOR
11:25 PM delete

Oh Jenn, I'm so sorry you're dealing with such sad events. I'm offering up a prayer for you!

Reply
avatar
The Artist
AUTHOR
1:10 AM delete

Praying here, my friend.
Hugs,
Mary

Reply
avatar
Stephanie
AUTHOR
9:27 AM delete

Jenn...
You and Marianne are both in my thoughts. Remember... that which does not kill us makes us stronger!

Love, Stephanie

Reply
avatar
Sarah
AUTHOR
1:17 PM delete

Oh, I am so sorry to hear about your week! I had no idea about Marianne's father, please give her a hug for me and tell her I'll be praying. And I loved your friend Missy's post about "best" friends. I've often been frustrated by that word, even though I've used it...to describe YOU on occasion! Each of my friends add such blessing and unique perspective to my life, it hardly seems right to call one best. So "Dear" friend, I love you and will pray for a brighter week ahead.
Love, Sarah

Reply
avatar
Paula
AUTHOR
5:34 PM delete

I am so sorry. I will pray that you have a better week and that God will begin to heal wounds.

Reply
avatar
6:17 PM delete

I am so sorry to hear about all of your losses and hardships this week! Praying that next week is so much better for you! And praying for your friend's father as well!

Reply
avatar
Jennisa
AUTHOR
9:01 PM delete

I hate yucky weeks! I am so sorry that you've had an "in the trenches" week. I think it's going around!

I will keep praying for you my dear!

Reply
avatar