The Finish Line

Tuesday, July 10, 2007 21 Comments A+ a-

It’s been a while since I’ve updated everyone on the status of our house. A lot has happened, but the most important thing is that we now have a closing date! Our final walk through will be August 2nd but the big day is in less than a month! At 11:00am on August 8th, we will be signing our life away to become the proud owners of our very first house. I cannot begin to express how thrilled we are or how much we are anxiously awaiting that day. We can actually see the finish line now.

The siding was put on the house.

Insulation went in about the same time.

As you can see, they did all the electrical and plumbing.

The siding is done and the painting is complete.

Drywall went in the same week. The house seemed a little smaller with actual walls.

This is just a great photo of Devyn as she makes her way down to the basement. She loves this house and runs all over the place!

Drywall, texturing, and interior painting is done! This is the area separating the kitchen from the living room. This is not a great picture of the wall color (see below), we chose a light, light tannish-cream color. No white or off-white for us!

Just another photo with everything done.

This is the front of our house; complete with a driveway. Jon is not too sure of the aubergine accent color but I love it! We're still waiting for the brick to go in.

Now comes the fun part of choosing where to put pictures, wall hangings, decorations, ordering blinds, etc. In fact, I want to do it ALL... right now! Painting is pretty low on the to-do list at the moment, but it doesn't stop me from looking at colors and playing with ideas. =) *Sigh* We're just so thankful that the time is almost here and are looking forward to creating wonderful family memories within these walls.

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

21 comments

Write comments
Dana
AUTHOR
2:16 PM delete

YAY! this is awesome jenn! -and i'm with you, i really like the accent color!

Reply
avatar
Amy
AUTHOR
2:24 PM delete

Looks awesome, Jenn! Really, really beautiful! I can't wait to see pictures when you move in! Love, Amy

Reply
avatar
aggiejenn
AUTHOR
2:25 PM delete

How exciting!! Love the color, too. :-)

Reply
avatar
Susie
AUTHOR
5:30 PM delete

How very cool! I'm excited for you. Your pictures bring back memories of when Jeff and I built our house. It was so much fun picking out the colors and everything. Enjoy it!

Reply
avatar
7:25 PM delete

It is great!!! I am happy for you. I can't wait to build my house on our land in CO. That will be fantastic! Or at least I hope so, lol

Reply
avatar
9:46 PM delete

I am so excited for you! The house looks like it will be wonderful :)

Reply
avatar
Jenn
AUTHOR
10:32 PM delete

Congratulations on your house. I know how exciting it is to move into a new house

Jenn

Reply
avatar
blackpurl
AUTHOR
10:58 PM delete

how exciting!!!

Reply
avatar
dareth
AUTHOR
11:05 PM delete

Super exciting!!

Enjoy this new stage in your life.

Reply
avatar
5:32 AM delete

Oh, I am so excited for you!!
It's just beautiful! Will it be strange not living with your family? I know that after we've stayed with my parents for a while, it seems so quiet without everyone...and yet nice at the same time.

And while I'm here, can I just tell you that we have SUCH similar taste in music!! I love all the songs that come on while I'm here...of course, I only get them a little at a time while my silly dial up downloads them. Well, now that I've written a book...Have a great day!

Blessings,
Joy

Reply
avatar
Posselts
AUTHOR
6:14 AM delete

Congratulations, Jenn. The longer the growing season, the sweeter the harvest! Praying for all to go well in the remaining weeks... and trusting that God has blessed homes in mind for BOTH of us (Derek and I are still waiting!). We miss you!

Reply
avatar
Jennisa
AUTHOR
6:41 AM delete

How exciting! It looks so wonderful! I'm very excited for you Jenn! What a fun time for you all!

Reply
avatar
HappyMama
AUTHOR
8:18 AM delete

I am so excited for you guys! The house looks just beautiful! I can't wait to see it all done.

Reply
avatar
Laura
AUTHOR
8:31 AM delete

Looks lovely!

(BTW, how did post-burglary recuperation go? Everything squared away, or are you still on hold with credit card companies?)

Reply
avatar
proud parents
AUTHOR
8:49 AM delete

Your house looks great! I am so excited for you. I know it will be so nice to have a place of your own. Congratulations!!!

Reply
avatar
9:02 AM delete

Jenn, that's wonderful! Too bad all your bloggy friends can't help with the move ;D

Reply
avatar
9:20 AM delete

Hey Jenn! The house it looking great!! I'm so glad you'll have a home all your own soon.

You're in my prayers.

Hugs,
Eden

Oh, btw, I tagged you.

Reply
avatar
11:37 AM delete

I love the accent color!! Your home is looking great! How exciting!! :-)

Reply
avatar
Paula
AUTHOR
1:53 PM delete

How exciting! The house looks great thus far. You will have so much fun decorating this fall ans winter.

Reply
avatar
Christina
AUTHOR
4:18 PM delete

Your house is beautiful! :-)

Reply
avatar
6:14 PM delete

Dear Jenn
You must be so excited!
I was only thinking the other day how your home was progressing.
I love all the colours you have choosen.
The kids are going to love that driveway- it will be perfect for bike riding and chalk painting!

Reply
avatar