Rockin' Girl Bloggers

Friday, June 29, 2007 8 Comments A+ a-


A Rockin’ Girl Blogger? Me? Are you sure? Well, I gotta say that I’m just absolutely shocked, but honored, to be recognized as a Rockin’ Girl Blogger by Susie, The Artist, and Christine. I respect all three of these women so much and am so honored to call them friends. So, thank you ladies… you most definitely humble me.

And now, I get to return the favor to some women blogs that I read and enjoy immensely. Before I dive in and introduce these wonderful women to you, please check out the blogs of these women that I nominated in my Thinking Blog awards too.

First of all, I want to introduce you to Dana from In a World of My Own. She is a real-life friend that I have known as long as I’ve been together with Jon. We all grew “up” in the high school youth group together and we double-dated to Jon and Trevor’s senior prom in 1999. She is absolutely hilarious and I love her dearly. Have you ever seen Gilmore Girls? She is Lorelei Gilmore to a T. She currently blogs on Xanga but is in the process of switching over to Blogger soon. She is most definitely a Rockin’ Girl Blogger.

Then there is Sarah from As the Lord Works, another real-life friend. Sarah and I were tossed together in second grade by our mothers and were told that we’d better get along… or else. It has been wonderful to grow up with a friend, one whom you can be vulnerable, open, and accountable. We both married junior high (Sarah) and high school (me) sweethearts and embarked on the journey of motherhood together. She is teaching me so much about having a servant’s heart towards Jon and my children. She is a Rockin’ Girl Blogger.

I started reading Joy’s posts from Joy in the Journey over a year ago. I’m not even sure how I found her but I am so thankful that I did. She recently took a hiatus from blogging to travel to a language school in Jakarta and then to give birth to twin boys. I was ecstatic to see she had returned and once again, I am so blessed by her posts regarding her home life as a wife and mom, and as a missionary in another country. Check her out, she is a Rockin’ Girl Blogger.

Stacey, oh my, what can I say about my dear friend Stacey?! She blogs at A Measure of Grace and again, not sure how we found each other, but another one for which I am so thankful. Stacey recently went through a really hard, bad adoption story but I am amazed by her resilient spirit and I love that she continues to look for the good in her life. She is another that encourages me to be a better wife and mother. She is a Rockin’ Girl Blogger.

And last, but certainly not least, is Amanda from Mama Sings. If I were to pick what a Rockin’ Girl Blogger looks like, she is it, nose ring and all! I believe she found me first but I was quickly taken in by her openness, her realness, and her ability to lay everything out in the open. She is more than willing to share her good and bad stuff and I appreciate that about her. She and her family recently made an incredible decision to pick up their lives and move, all because God told them to. That is inspiring to me! She is the one that gave me the idea to start my early-morning quiet times and now my life will never be the same. She is a Rockin’ Girl Blogger.

Please know… there are so many GREAT, WONDERFUL, INSPIRING women on my blogroll. Do yourself a favor and definitely check them out! I read chapter three in Hebrews today and God’s instruction is very clear that we need to encourage one another on this journey, as mothers, as wives, as women, and as sisters in Christ. I am so thankful to have all of these women on this journey with me. So, to all of you, I say you are Rockin’ Girl Bloggers!

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

8 comments

Write comments
Stacey
AUTHOR
12:54 PM delete

Eeek! Thank you - you ROCK, too!!!
I will write more to you later - gotta make lunch!!

Reply
avatar
Dana
AUTHOR
1:05 PM delete

awww THANKS! that picture is hilarious and feels so incredibly long ago. look at you though--all sexy with your hot dress and boobs. then there's me flat as a board with bangs. dang. nuts, this made me homesick a little. miss you but will see you for at least a little while in august i hope! love you jenn!

Reply
avatar
Amy
AUTHOR
2:11 PM delete

Congrats! And good rockin girl choices! I'll have to check dana out. You really are a totally rockin blogger, Jenn. Got me hooked:) love, Amy

Reply
avatar
4:36 PM delete

Wow! Thank you so much! The funny thing is I am in process of writing a post passing on a different award that I received, and you are one of the people I'm writing about! Stay tuned...
Blessings and thank you!!
Joy

Reply
avatar
10:08 PM delete

You definitely rock! I love the way you write about your life and your family (it helps having cute kids, too). So honest and unpretentious. You inspire me!

Reply
avatar
Sarah
AUTHOR
2:26 PM delete

Thanks!
That picture of us is great, I don't think I have that one. Thanks for honoring me friend, I hope you know the honor goes right back your way. You're one in a million Jenn, truely. I count myself so blessed to know you, let alone call you friend. And I agree with Katherine, you're so honest and unpretentious.
Love you always,
Sarah

Reply
avatar
Amanda
AUTHOR
9:23 AM delete

Wow. thank you so much. You are a precious blogging friend and I am blessed by you often.

love,

amanda

Reply
avatar
3:31 AM delete

Dear Jen
Congratulations on the award, you deserve it.
You write so beautifully about faith and family, I always feel inspired after visiting.
Although a week or two ago I was mortified when you made me realize that I too had a "mommy uniform"--jeans and a white t shirt......Thanks to you I have whipped myself into line! LOL
I have found many wonderful blogs through you. Amanda and Joy been on my daily read list for a while and I will go and visit the other ladies soon.

Reply
avatar