My Little Man

Saturday, June 23, 2007 17 Comments A+ a-

Here he is, the little man that has stolen my heart! I don't seem to write about him very much... I'm not sure if that's the result of being a baby who doesn't do much to report at that moment; or if that's the result of being the second born. Regardless, I hope to remedy that with today's post.

Jon and I took Hudson in for his four-month check-up yesterday. Yes, you read that right... four months old already!! Seems like just yesterday, his birth was being announced. =) He is doing SO well. He currently weighs 13 pounds, 1 ounce and is 23 inches long. I'll get to the percentiles in a moment but I just have to clarify something here. We have constantly heard about what a bruiser he is or how he's going to be playing football someday, etc. Yes, everyone has told me just how BIG he is. My sister, Christine, and I just never saw it and couldn't understand why they thought it. I've come to the conclusion that its because he has such a mature-looking face; he has always looked older than he is. And yesterday's measurements just prove that I have tiny kids. Hudson is in the 15% percentile for weight and 25% percentile for height. However, he is very strong for his age and seems advanced for his age. (At least, he advancing faster than Devyn did.) He's already rolling over and loves to pull himself to a standing position. He is smiling, laughing, and cooing.

Devyn absolutely adores her baby brother and the feeling is quite mutual. Both faces light up at the sight of each other and I just LOVE watch their relationship grow and evolve. Devyn is quite the little mommy and often tries to mimic my actions with him. Hudson's eyes follow her around the room and he smiles every time she comes near. The other day she even started picking him up and trying to carry him around the room. Since he is almost half her size, we've had many discussions that she needs to wait for an adult to be with her before picking him up. =)

He is the such a blessing and has fast become an integral part of our family.

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

17 comments

Write comments
Stacey
AUTHOR
9:08 AM delete

Yes, the joys of watching your children interact with one another cannot be beat!! Seriously, the fact that you and your hubby created these little people and they are going to be in relationship for LIFE just gets me - every time!!

Oh, and I hear you about tiny kids: my Em isn't even on the chart for weight and for height she is in the 5th. Timmy is 25th & 15th respectively!!

Reply
avatar
Amy
AUTHOR
9:16 AM delete

He's darling! And I think that he looks his age now. But lucky you...you get to have a smaller baby for longer. That is the way I felt with Parker. He was small because he didn't keep food down, though-not genetics!

My new nephew isn't that much smaller:)

love you, Amy

Reply
avatar
Melanie
AUTHOR
1:12 PM delete

He is so adorable! What gorgeous children you have.

Reply
avatar
5:21 PM delete

You have one cute little man :) I agree with you, about watching siblings interact with each other. However, it has caused problems for us---this morning, Cosette tried to 'pick up' Eli (hard, since he's almost as big as she is!) and ended up dropping him flat on the floor, and he has a nice busted lip :( She tries to be such a little mommy!

Reply
avatar
Deidre
AUTHOR
6:58 PM delete

So cute! And, I love that chair he's sitting in the first picture. I don't think those were around when my youngest was born 2 years ago. Very cool!

Reply
avatar
Panda-Mom
AUTHOR
9:35 PM delete

Thanks for commenting! LOVE the name of your darling blog and TOTALLY love Nickle Creek!!!!! ; )

Reply
avatar
Overwhelmed!
AUTHOR
11:07 PM delete

I think he's beautiful! And I love the pictures of him and Devyn together.

I really hope we find another child soon so that Snuggle Bug can experience the wonders of a sibling. :)

Reply
avatar
Christine
AUTHOR
8:10 AM delete

He's beautiful Jenn! I'm so blessed by the relationships between my kids. And it's funny to hear my words come out of their mouths when they speak to (or try to discipline) each other!

Reply
avatar
The Artist
AUTHOR
8:50 PM delete

He's so darn cute!!!

Reply
avatar
7:02 AM delete

Sweet! He is growing up!! I love those sibling pics! I'm so glad they are enjoying eachother so much!!!!

Reply
avatar
Joy
AUTHOR
12:41 PM delete

He is so adorable! It is so fun to watch siblings love each other. I get almost jealous at how quickly the baby laughs for a sibling but not for me!

Reply
avatar
Rachel
AUTHOR
2:46 PM delete

He is so completely adorable. Such a sweet face.

~~Rachel
www.nothinggold.net

Reply
avatar
Renee
AUTHOR
4:06 PM delete

When my first son was born everyone kept telling us how big he was. And he wasn't. He has always been small. It think it is a boy thing. He's a boy, so everyone has to talk about how big he is!

Reply
avatar
5:06 PM delete

I love that picture of your little man in the Bumbo... what a precious face he has.
May God bless you today!
Lindsey

Reply
avatar
proud parents
AUTHOR
9:16 PM delete

He is so adorable! They are growing up too fast, aren't they??? Ava just went back to the doctor and she is almost exactly Hudson's height and weight and she is a month older. While we were on vacation, everyone kept telling me what a big girl she was and how she looked so big for her age. Oh well! Again, he is precious. Enjoy your little ones. I can't wait until we have two. Of course, that will be a little while down the road. :)

Reply
avatar
Liz
AUTHOR
4:51 PM delete

What a beautiful little man!! What a blessing it is to have sweet little ones!

Reply
avatar
HappyMama
AUTHOR
2:23 PM delete

He's such a handsome lil' man. I can't wait to get my hands on him Sunday!!

Reply
avatar